Dreamsicle Cake Flavoring?

Baking By Momy2Boys Updated 4 Aug 2012 , 3:23am by LoveonCloudCupcake

Momy2Boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momy2Boys Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 4:17am
post #1 of 10

Is there a dreamsicle cake flavoring or extract? If there is could someone please tell me where to get it! Thanks!!

9 replies
TizAngel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TizAngel Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 12:21pm
post #2 of 10

I haven't used it, but Capella Flavorings makes an Orange Creamsicle extract (online). If you're in a pinch (like I was), you can try adding (don't laugh) the duncan hines frosting creations powder in Orange Creme. I have successfully added it to my yellow cake recipe and it was delicious paired with vanilla buttercream! icon_wink.gif

Momy2Boys Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks Tiz for the suggestions. Im trying to recreate our wedding cake to surprise my husband for our annaversery. It was a dreamsicle cake. I always thought of it as a white sourcream cake with the dreamsicle flavor and it had little pieces of manderan oranges in it too. But I haven't been able to find a recipe.

Formynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Formynana Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 10

Loriann also makes an orange which I used for making 50/50 orange cupcakes, they were a hit !
thumbs_up.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 1:59am
post #5 of 10

Hi, this is not from scratch, but macsmom(c/cer) has a recipe for this . Look up her user name and it will lead you to it. hth

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 2:04am
post #6 of 10
Momy2Boys Posted 24 Jul 2012 , 2:53pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks everyone for your help! I've tried a couple diffrent recipes now they sure good but not what I was looking for. I'll keep experimenting, but if I don't find it I have a couple great recipes to fall back on! icon_smile.gif

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 24 Jul 2012 , 3:05pm
post #8 of 10

I buy a flavoring from King Arthur Flour called Fiori di Sicilia and it's a creamsicle flavor. It's yummy in just about everything.

pinkfluffycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkfluffycupcake Posted 24 Jul 2012 , 5:39pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiechef

I buy a flavoring from King Arthur Flour called Fiori di Sicilia and it's a creamsicle flavor. It's yummy in just about everything.

Now that is some good stuff! thumbs_up.gif To me, the flavor is more delicate than a creamsicle, but it is so good!

The recipe you describe, with the bits of mandarin orange, sounds like this one (without the nuts): http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/luscious-mandarin-orange-cake/02e67811-b56b-4047-8804-9cf3992dd249

LoveonCloudCupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveonCloudCupcake Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 3:23am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momy2Boys

Thanks everyone for your help! I've tried a couple diffrent recipes now they sure good but not what I was looking for. I'll keep experimenting, but if I don't find it I have a couple great recipes to fall back on! icon_smile.gif

For my dreamsicle cupcakes, i use a orange cake mix. (yes Im a boxed mixer) the duncan Hines Orange Supreme is divine. Instead of the veg oil it calls for i use Pamppered Chef orange infused canola oil, and grated orange if you like. The frosting i use a pure buttercream (all butter no shortening) and divide the buttercream in 1/2 after made so i can keep one side vanilla (add vanilla extract after frosting is divided), and i use orange food coloring and orange extract in the other 1/2 so i can swirl two different colors.. Everyone LOVEs THEM.
If you want to use a filling, which makes these even better try and look up the "twinkie" filling receipe.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%