What Do You Fill Your Cakes With?

Decorating By sweetpoison Updated 19 Jul 2012 , 10:38pm by icer101

sweetpoison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpoison Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 4

Do you use buttercream to fill and cover cakes before adding fondant?Does the buttercream have to be a crusting one to hold together in hot weather?

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 4

Yes I have used b'cream as filling and NO it does not need to be crusting. B;cream will only curst when it is exposed to air so when used as a filling it will not cursticon_smile.gif
One can add all kinds of edible things to b'cream to change the taste - things like fruit spreads (no sugar added jams etc) curshed cookies, nuts and oh so much more.

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 4

I don't fill with buttercream - ever. I do frost with a crusting buttercream under fondant, but I prefer ganache.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 10:38pm
post #4 of 4

I don,t fill with buttercream, unless i add something good to it like fruit purees, fruit jams, etc. I also make smbc or imbc and add melted chocolate., p-nut butter. fruit purees, fruit jams, nutella,lemon curds, etc, caramel, so many things to add to make it taste better and yes, i use ganache. So many ideas out there. I love to try them all. lol!!! It makes your cake more moist and just so much better. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%