How To Make An Airplane 'fly'?

Decorating By cupcakesnbuttercream Updated 19 Jul 2012 , 5:19pm by Lynne3

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 8:25pm
post #1 of 3


I just got an order for a going away cake....for Sunday. This is what I came up with: A square or sheet cake with a gumpaste or RKT airplane flying from one state to the next state.

My question is how can I achieve the look of the airplane 'flying'? I was thinking of something like the soda/beer cakes, where it's suspended on the dowel with the drink pouring out. could I cover the dowel?

*Bonus question: If you were to highlight some popular places/things in Colorado, what would they be?

2 replies
Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 3

How big is the plane going to be?

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 3

use wire and loop the wire to look like the stream of exhaust that comes out of the plane.
I have attached pics that I found online

Quote by @%username% on %date%