Have You Boxed Wedding Cake Slices At The Wedding?

Decorating By Pearl645 Updated 15 Jul 2012 , 2:04am by sweettoothmom1

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 1:08am
post #1 of 2

I have a bride who wants me to cut her wedding cake and box slices in wedding cake favour boxes for guests to take home on the wedding day at the venue. Have you done this before at the wedding? My last experience of cutting and plating slices from a 4 tier wedding cake was horrendous. It took way longer than I expected. We spent hours there. I had one other person there with me. It was a challenge fitting the 4"H cake slices into containers and now I'm wondering about putting fruit cake slices into pretty cake boxes on the day. Things can get messy. Does this sound like a bad idea to you? I normally box slices prior to the wedding day and deliver them along with the cake but this is a new request. Accept of decline? I do feel concerned about this already. She seems concerned about spending more to have a wedding cake plus cake slices...I know this because she emailed me tonight saying "your price is more than half of my wedding venue price"....well! imagine that! *still holding onto my belief that customers are getting more and more bold.

1 reply
sweettoothmom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom1 Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 2:04am
post #2 of 2

yes, this is very time consuming. I have never done this for a customer. but for family, usually sheet cakes are the ones cut up beforehand and boxed. fruitcake slices are often wrapped in saran before being boxed. i guess to keep moist. again, i have never done it for a customer, but it takes forever. perhaps u can suggest giving her sheet cakes beforehand for her to package in order to reduce her cost.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%