Disaster Is An Understatement!

Decorating By Jenn1978 Updated 14 Jul 2012 , 3:14pm by Elcee

Jenn1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn1978 Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 4:08am
post #1 of 3

So its been forever since I have been on here icon_smile.gif Just need to get this off my chest!

So I'm in the military and recently came back from a 8 month deployment. While I was gone my poor husband had to pack up the house and move. So its been over a yr since I have done a cake and a good friend of my had asked me to do her baby shower cake, no big deal, I've got this. Well I sit down this afternoon to start making flowers, simple enough, so I thought. I start to pull out my supplies and my box with most of what I need is MIA! My huz is out of town so he cant help me look for it. I'm tearing everything apart from top to bottom. I had golf clubs, boxes, and a random assortment of other things fall on my head in the process. Still no box icon_sad.gif after about 2 hrs of searching high and low I give up and head to walmart. I figure I'll just get what I need to get this cake done. Get in there and well they only have a few of the tips that I need. Next stop, Michaels. Get there grab the others that i will need and home I go. Get home, get to making some royal frosting, go to grab the colors I will need, and then it dawns on me......THE BOX!!!!! The colors are n the box icon_sad.gif NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I do not feel like going back out. I remember that I have another small box and I may have some colors stashed in there. I only need to makes some shades of pink and an orange. i open the box and I find red and golden yellow! yay me, with this I manage to get my shades of pink and some sort of an orange by mixing the 2 colors. Now Im sitting on my couch, flowers are made. Tomorrow I will bake and decorate the cake. I will have a make a trip to the store and buy some moss green, but that's ok tomorrow will hopefully be a better day in the world of cakes for me! Fingers are crossed that it will be anyway!!

Hope that my craptastic day made somebody's day a little bit brighter! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 4:31am
post #2 of 3

Whew, i am tired after reading this lol!!!! Thank you for your service to our Country. Seems like you got yourself together for your cake. I am glad. Yes, tomorrow is another day. I have to say this every day. Hope you cake turns our beautiful. Good Luck!!!!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 3

Good luck today! I'm sure your friend will love her cake and that will make it all worth it icon_biggrin.gif!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%