Extra Michael's Coupon This Week

Decorating By shanter Updated 17 Jul 2013 , 1:04pm by justdesserts

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 24

Forgive me if someone has already posted this--I haven't seen it here.

This week, in addition to the usual coupon for 40% off any one regularly priced item at Michael's, there is a coupon for 50% off any one regularly priced *bakeware* item.

23 replies
cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 24

Too bad you have to make two trips to use both cupons.

shanter Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 24

You could have a change of clothes and a wig in the car. icon_biggrin.gif
Or shop with a friend who will get something for you and get reimbursed.

cakeyouverymuch Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 24

lol. Have used the go back in and make a second purchase more than once. Have only been refused once, and in that case I went across town and used the second cupon at a different Michael's. Its just the PITA factor that gets my thong in a knot. I could be using that time caking instead. Plus, when I send my DH for specific items, he hates the 'run in twice for two items' bit. Going in twice also offers double the opportunity for HIM to impulse buy (which is what they're counting on).

shanter Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 7:10pm
post #5 of 24

You could add funny nose glasses and a foreign accent, too. I suppose that would be too obvious. icon_biggrin.gif
It's not too bad to go on different days if your Michael's is close. Mine is 25 minutes away, so I really don't want to go twice. I can probably get my sister or niece to go with me. Michael's is equidistant between my house and theirs. This doesn't work if they want something for themselves. Bad sister and/or niece. icon_mad.gif

cakeyouverymuch Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 7:31pm
post #6 of 24

My Michaels is an hour away. Ditto on the bad sister/niece especially since they're only minutes away from Michaels.

shanter Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 7:41pm
post #7 of 24

At least for me, at the 25 minute mark (plus or minus 5 minutes), there is a Michael's, a Hobby Lobby, and a big Joann's, so when I do go, I load up.

cakeyouverymuch Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 7:48pm
post #8 of 24

One of the Michaels I go to is in the same area as a bulk barn, a Canadian wholesale, and a Lee Valley (gardening tool Mecca). Still, an hour plus in these temperatures and the chocolate is melted even with the air conditioner running full on. lol. The other is close to nothing useful.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 8:00pm
post #9 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanter

You could add funny nose glasses and a foreign accent, too. I suppose that would be too obvious. icon_biggrin.gif
It's not too bad to go on different days if your Michael's is close. Mine is 25 minutes away, so I really don't want to go twice. I can probably get my sister or niece to go with me. Michael's is equidistant between my house and theirs. This doesn't work if they want something for themselves. Bad sister and/or niece. icon_mad.gif

Shanter---I almost peed myself laughing!

shanter Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 8:16pm
post #10 of 24

Well this is getting uncomfortable. One of you has her thong in a knot and the other is almost peeing her pants. I really didn't intend this when I first posted. icon_biggrin.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 8:36pm
post #11 of 24

Thank you for your time posting this. I do go out, shop at another store, etc. and then go back in . I have done this 3 times in that time frame i am over there. I go in different cashiers lanes.

Apti Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 11:24pm
post #12 of 24

"I really didn't intend this when I first posted."

Yes you did! You KNEW you were being really, really funny!

cakeyouverymuch Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 12:13am
post #13 of 24

What Apti said. At least. . . you should have known by now that cakers find humor in the strangest of places.

shanter Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 1:29am
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti

"I really didn't intend this when I first posted."

Yes you did! You KNEW you were being really, really funny!

I meant my first post. But I confess, I definitely was trying to be funny after that..... icon_rolleyes.gif That's just how I am.......like my dad......be funny if you can be.

Apti Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 3:26am
post #15 of 24

I had no idea you might be funny. Oh....wait......is that you on the swing in your avatar photo?

BWAHAAAAAAAA!

Alana7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alana7 Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 4:43am
post #16 of 24

Lol icon_biggrin.gif you guys crack me up.

As for the coupons, one of the cashiers told me I could use more than one coupon if I use cash for one and a credit card for the other so it's like 2 different people. But around where I live, Joanns is much more customer friendly than Michaels (maybe their policy?) and will let you use as many coupons as you want at the same time but under different transactions.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 7:30am
post #17 of 24

I take my daughter and mom with me. My daughter likes the challenge of trying to use multiple coupons. Joanns takes Michaels coupons so I usually hit them after I am done with Michaels.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 7:35am
post #18 of 24

This one works on anything expires today. http://dealspl.us/michaels-coupons/463148p

Alana7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alana7 Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 12:41pm
post #19 of 24

Lol icon_biggrin.gif you guys crack me up.

As for the coupons, one of the cashiers told me I could use more than one coupon if I use cash for one and a credit card for the other so it's like 2 different people. But around where I live, Joanns is much more customer friendly than Michaels (maybe their policy?) and will let you use as many coupons as you want at the same time but under different transactions.

shanter Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 5:51pm
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti

I had no idea you might be funny. Oh....wait......is that you on the swing in your avatar photo?

BWAHAAAAAAAA!

Yes, so if you run into me in person, I'm the round gray fuzzy one with the beady black eyes, with a Michael's coupon and a credit card. icon_lol.gif

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 6:54pm
post #21 of 24

I have used together before. Maybe I just got lucky.

Apti Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 5:27am
post #22 of 24

Shanter, you are a funny round gray fuzzy lady with beady black eyes!
icon_wink.gif

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 12:22pm
post #23 of 24

So where is the coupon?

justdesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justdesserts Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 1:04pm
post #24 of 24

This is a thread from last year, so I'm sure it's long gone. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%