Advertising Ideas????

Business By majormichel Updated 13 Jul 2012 , 11:11pm by costumeczar

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 12:19pm
post #1 of 12

Looking for advertising ideas. So far I have .......

1) Attend a bridal trade show
2) Word of mouth
3) Discount for referrals

Please add to the list. Tell me how you went about advertising.

11 replies
YesToCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YesToCupcakes Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 12:30pm
post #2 of 12

Any of the social media avenues such as: Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, or even on here. Also don't forget how important a website can be. My background is Graphic and Web Design ... and I always tell small companies that having your own website is key to advertising thumbs_up.gif

labelle24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labelle24 Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by YesToCupcakes

Any of the social media avenues such as: Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, or even on here. Also don't forget how important a website can be. My background is Graphic and Web Design ... and I always tell small companies that having your own website is key to advertising thumbs_up.gif

Totally agree, social media catapulted me business, word of mouth spread like wildfire, and I have never had to pay for advertising, aside from paying $5 for my website each month. Also, free sites like decido, weddingbook, and creating a google places page for your business helped extraordinarily as well. Everyone wants to find what they are looking for on the internet, so that's where I would invest your time.

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 2:02pm
post #4 of 12

labelle24, would you mind sharing which web hosting service you use?

I agree that it's important to have a web presence. Anytime I need a new service, I go straight to Google. That's how I found the car repair shop we just used a couple weeks ago. I like to be able to see pictures and prices of what a company offers, usually even before I call them. If I can't find anything like that online about a certain company, I'll go to the next one that does.

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 2:04pm
post #5 of 12

I advertise my website and contact info on our #1 local weddings website. That is how I get my wedding and anniversary cake jobs. Other jobs for bday cakes are from facebook.

labelle24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labelle24 Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 2:58pm
post #6 of 12

I use go daddy, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, I'm actually in the process of getting a new site.

YesToCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YesToCupcakes Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 3:11pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by labelle24

I use go daddy, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, I'm actually in the process of getting a new site.

I have only ever used 1and1.com and I love them! Haven't had any problems with my site being down and they have some pretty good prices too. If you have any further questions please feel free to message me icon_lol.gif

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 3:23pm
post #8 of 12

Your optimal advertising strategy will vary depending on what you are trying to accomplish, your target market, where you are located, etc.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 4:09pm
post #9 of 12

I use powweb. It's $16 per year for domain name, email addresses, ways to incorporate wordpress, zen photo, and sophisticated stats, etc. Their support services are excellent. The few times I've had a problem they responded within 30 minutes. (My son-in-law put together my site. I am techno-challenged.)

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 8:54pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks for the update, but I already have a website.

JaniceBest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaniceBest Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 10:01pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiFix

I use powweb. It's $16 per year for domain name, email addresses, ways to incorporate wordpress, zen photo, and sophisticated stats, etc. Their support services are excellent. The few times I've had a problem they responded within 30 minutes. (My son-in-law put together my site. I am techno-challenged.)

Thank you mimifix. i'm looking around now for a webhost. You have a unique site and that price is very good. Does your sil do other websites, too?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 11:11pm
post #12 of 12

If you do a wedding show, the best value that you can get out of them is talking to the other business owners there. You'll get far more business from vendor referrals than from any other source if you play your cards right.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%