3 Tier Cake..need Ideas...help!!

Decorating By BakerzJoy Updated 11 Jul 2012 , 2:17pm by BakerzJoy

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 11 Jul 2012 , 12:34am
post #1 of 4

I'm sure everyone has heard of the christian group "Casting Crowns"? It's the drummers wife that is my client. I have done all her cakes and this one is extra special. She just graduated college and wanted this cake to be very personal. So, I have a cake that is complete in my head and the client is happy with my design. Now I need to get it out of my head onto fondant and how??
Three tier cake...bottom tier is the bible, middle tier is about being a mom to her girls and the top tier is her wedding tier. The topper is her wedding flowers Callillies (sp)
So, here's where my well is dry....The middle tier I was thinking a clothes line with the girls clothes on it, something about ballet that they do, the girls names, mom chore list etc. How should I do this on the cake? I really wanted the cake to be able to be seen from all sides and angles. Do I use painting or fondant pieces? I need a layout.
Then theirs the top tier...wedding rings, date they were married etc.
Oh help me, I don't know why I'm making such a drastic deal out of this....can you say Pressure?? Anyway, it's due on the 26th of July, the day before I leave on vacation with my family to Sea world. That's even more pressure. So, I want to get a head start to eliminate stress the week of. Any and all help will be appreciated!! Thanks all <3

3 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 11 Jul 2012 , 2:11am
post #2 of 4

Cut little dresses and other clothing shapes from fondant of many colours. Ice cake tier plain, add a grey or green wavy line, and add clothing as if it is a clothes line all around the cake.

Write words on the clothes like "caring", teaching", "cooking", "washing", and other mom activities. Put these on the cake at different angles as if they are flapping in the breeze. Just make this tier casual, the clothes will make a pattern.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 11 Jul 2012 , 2:48am
post #3 of 4

I would also make 2 pairs ballet slippers from fondant g/p mixture. Sit these on edge of cake (2" edge) make a chore list using the fondant and g/p mixture, Write on it after it dries with food marker. Lay this on edge also. Maybe 2 tutu's ? , again with the fondant g/p mixture, Also, laying on edge . All of this is small . Just an idea. hth

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 11 Jul 2012 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 4

Great ideas, I love them!! Keep 'em coming!! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%