? For Those Who Sell Cake Pops & Cake Balls...box Relate

Baking By sfandm Updated 27 Apr 2013 , 9:37pm by bct806

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 9 Jul 2012 , 8:57pm
post #1 of 10

I am trying to find boxes that will fit 12 cake balls and another that will fit 12 cake pops laying down. Finished cake balls are 1-1/2" in diameter, and I am needing a box that will be for 2 rows of 6, or 9" L x 3" D x 2" H as I will add a candy pad to bottom. I could even use a box for 3 rows of 4 that is 6" L x 4-1/2" D x 2" H, again using a candy pad.

All the boxes I have seen are coming up short. These will br sold by the dozen, and I am running out of places to look. I have all the wholesale sites already gone thru, some come close, but no cigar. What do those of you who sell by the dozen do for packaging?

I don't even know what boxes or containers to use for my pops, but the ball size is the same, and I am using 6" sticks, and covering all with cello bag and tie, so I assume it will be finished length of 7 to 7-1/4" including all listed. Again, your thoughts?

Thanks for any help.


9 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 4:14am
post #2 of 10

I have just been using bakery boxes (cake boxes) Its just the type of business I do. I don't need clear plastic or window boxes.

I place cake boards on the bottom and some shredded paper when they are larger quantities. Like 50 or more. Have you thought of donut boxes? They are not very high so might work for you.

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 11:51am
post #3 of 10

I use regular bakery boxes and lay the pops down.. they don't have to fit perfectly... and I use styrofoam displays for the ones standing up.. not boxes.

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 12:38pm
post #4 of 10

I am not going to use plastic or window boxes either, but my customers will be able to order 1 dz. if they want, and I know a donut box would be way too big, I did more searching last night and found a box that will work for 1 dz. balls, and I think I might use a 6 ct. donut box for the dz. pops to lay down. Thanks for the suggestions.

CMAC37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMAC37 Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 3:56am
post #5 of 10

I sell cake truffles. You can check ASpecialtybox.com. They sell cake ball trays and inserts. My truffles are too big to put the top on because I've decided to make mine larger than usual. If yours are not too large that might be the place to check. Thanks

CakeBiteDelight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeBiteDelight Posted 24 Apr 2013 , 6:34pm
post #6 of 10

You should try clear egg cartons! They work well.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 25 Apr 2013 , 3:05pm
post #7 of 10

Who carries clear egg cartons?  I've never seen them. I would love those.

aem1029 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aem1029 Posted 25 Apr 2013 , 3:13pm
post #8 of 10

Try BRP boxes.  They offer a variety of sizes.  I love their boxes.  They have shorter height boxes for mini cupcakes and cookie boxes that may work.  They also have macaroon boxes that could work as well.  I love their boxes.

Sissys Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sissys Goodies Posted 25 Apr 2013 , 5:14pm
post #9 of 10

I usually get the window boxes that are used to hold cupcakes. It fits a dozen cake pops or cake balls perfectly. You can find them at Walmart, Michaels or Hobby Lobby. They even have rectangle ones, and treat boxes that are smaller in height. just wrap them with ribbon and they look great. 


bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 9:37pm
post #10 of 10

I saw someone on another thread that had the amazing idea of selling cake balls in clear plastic egg cartons. You can buy them online. Then they can't roll around. They way she packaged them look really inventive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%