Unbelievable!!

Decorating By confectionaryperfection Updated 21 Jul 2012 , 12:31am by confectionaryperfection

confectionaryperfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionaryperfection Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 3:09am
post #1 of 13

I am still in shock about what happened today....
i have a bride that booked two wedding cakes. one for today for a traditional african wedding and one for sunday for an american wedding...
both at the same location....
i call all day to set up the delivery time. the machine tells me that they open at 2pm. i leave a message and noone returns call....i call again at 2pm again machine answers, i leave anothr message...nothing... i call again at 3 nothing. i figure i am just gonna travel over..
i arrive and everyone is setting up. there is no elevator so i have to carry this cake which is about 50lbs. (it was two suitcases stacked) up two flights of stairs... i walk in the room and i start setting out the cake. this lady says to me " finally the cake, we were wondering how long we were gonna have to wait for this cake" I said "well its 4pm, the event starts at 6 so there is plenty of time, beside i called all day and noone answered the phone...."
i put the cake out and set the beautiful figures that lynne (who is amazing) made for me on top of the suitcases....the top suitcase is set on an angle IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE STACKED EVENLY... the bride was very specific abut the top suitcase being set sort of at a horizontal angle.
I am getting ready to leave and the same lady yells out "but thats not straight!!"
i look and think she is talking about the cake board so i am making sure it is straight and she stalks over and says "NO!! this is not straight!" she then proceeds to grab the top suitcase and try to pick it up and turn it so it is even with the bottom suitcase.!!! I am yelling "NO! the bride wants it that way. your breaking the whole cake, what are you doing...!!!!" she has both her hands on each sides on the top suitcase tryingto turn it but it is supported with dowels....
"the bride wants it like this?" she says.. i say yes DONT TOUCH IT!
two other people come over and i tell them, "noone touches the cake please make sure. this lady already tried to ruin it. ""
I was shaking!! even back in the car i couldnt stop shaking for almost 20 minutes... now i have to see these people again on sunday to deliver the other wedding cake... i hate to think what happened after i left...
Ill upload pics soon.

12 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 3:13am
post #2 of 13

Something that starts with an b, and ends with a slap. Seriously. I would have had a hard time not physically touching that woman.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 3:18am
post #3 of 13

Don't sit and wait.

Email the bride and any of her contacts that you might have, NOW, to tell them that their event site had somebody who did their best to mess up the bride's design. Leave a phone message as well.

Never mind that they might be carousing...

And say that you really need somebody from the wedding party to help you set up the next day's cake because of this deliberate attempt at damage.

Seriously, NOBODY goes and messes with a cake unless the bride asks...This was incredibly rude.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 4:32am
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by confectionaryperfection

..... she then proceeds to grab the top suitcase and try to pick it up and turn it so it is even with the bottom suitcase.!!! I am yelling "NO! the bride wants it that way. your breaking the whole cake, what are you doing...!!!!" she has both her hands on each sides on the top suitcase trying to turn it but it is supported with dowels....
"the bride wants it like this?" she says.. i say yes DONT TOUCH IT! ....

Oh man....that made me gasp and gave my heart a jolt. How awful! I can't even imagine. You are right: Unbelievable

mckaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mckaren Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 6:12am
post #5 of 13

I agree with the others, you need to contact the bride and either request someone from the wedding party to be there or to speak to the venue and let them know in no uncertain terms that no one is to touch that cake.

It's also a matter of health and safety - That woman's hands were not clean!!!! icon_confused.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 10:51pm
post #6 of 13

Who was she, a venue staff person or a member of the family? What a beast! It was probably a friend of the family who's also their "planner" (i.e. someone who watched too many tv shows and thinks she knows what to do)

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 11:15pm
post #7 of 13

OMG! :O I would have quickly pulled her away almost knocking her down! WHAT A DIMWIT! ( i want to say something else but can't) a sign would've gone up very quickly saying "DO NOT TOUCH, Designs by X [baker] and bride"

WOW! what a piece of work...I had to go back to read your story it's the craziest thing i've ever read!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 11:17pm
post #8 of 13

now that you have probably calmed down...I would definitely contact the venue AND the bride...or anyone in the wedding party you can get a hold of! did you get this woman's name!?

confectionaryperfection Posted 20 Jul 2012 , 12:51am
post #9 of 13

ok, i am a pic of the wedding cake i did for the above posting... also the reply from the bride...

Hi Terry!!!! How are you? We just got back this morning from the Poconos and I just had to comment and say that you did an amazing job with the cakes. It not only tasted awesome but they also looked great. The figures on the cake for the traditional wedding was perfect. Thank You So Much...I'll definitely keep in touch with you for future cakes....THanks!!!!
LL

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 20 Jul 2012 , 1:10am
post #10 of 13

The suitcases are where?

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 20 Jul 2012 , 4:39am
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture

The suitcases are where?

They've already left on the honeymoon. icon_rolleyes.gif

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 20 Jul 2012 , 5:13am
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture

The suitcases are where?

Two wedding cakes... one for Friday, and one for Sunday.

confectionaryperfection Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 12:31am
post #13 of 13

bride wanted blue and pale pink.. with their initials on the pink one... you can see when the sides of the pink suit case in mushed in where she grabbed it and tried to separate it and turn it straight... the bride loved both cakes.... didnt know anything happened and i ended up not telling her. i didnt want to upset her or bring drama since she was happy....the toppers were made by lynne3
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%