Storing The Mat- Wrinkles- Ugh!

Decorating By MaurorLess67 Updated 7 Jul 2012 , 2:11am by MaurorLess67

MaurorLess67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaurorLess67 Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 12:03pm
post #1 of 7

Hi All-

I LOVE The Mat- but... I am having so many issues with the wrinkles and creases in it when I take it out of the tube-- I have tried rolling it in different directions etc- Any suggestions on how to deal with these wrinkles and creases?

How is everyone else storing theirs- I have bought so many portfolios etc- hoping it would fint- no luck--- I'm thinking of trying to MacGuyver something and hang it up using clips-

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated-

MO

6 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 7

I use a cardboard tube from gift wrap covered in plastic film as a core. Start the two Mat sheets around the tube and then kinda separate them as you roll so that no wrinkles form. One sheet will end up extending beyond the other even though you started them together. Then just pop the roll back into the mailing tube and put the "lid" back on.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 12:57pm
post #3 of 7

I approached the problem a different way. I purchased another long mailing tube and just roll them separately. However, I think I like your method better, ibmoser. The cardboard gift wrap tube definitely would start the rolling smoother. I'll have to give that a try and see which I like the better.

Yup. Always find good tips, sharing here on CC.

Thanks

Jan

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 1:29pm
post #4 of 7

I found that rolling the 2 sheets together did cause wrinkles. I roll up one, then roll the other around it and store them in the tube they came in. I have had no problems at all. HTH

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 7

Oh man, that sounds even easier. Why can't I see the obvious! Here I thought I was so smart using two tubes. Oh well, never too late to learn...

Jan

Little1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Little1 Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 3:32pm
post #6 of 7

I was having the same problem. Then I remembered when it was new, it came in tissue paper. So I just put a couple of sheets of tissue paper in between them and one on the outside of the side that I roll in and that seems to help a lot and it's REALLY easy.

MaurorLess67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaurorLess67 Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 2:11am
post #7 of 7

Thank you all for responding!-- I am not at all disappointed that I don't have to become MacGuyver on this one! I would never have thought of any of these ideas--- ha

I will give these ideas a shot-

Yes, great sharing on CC!!!

Mo

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%