Help

Decorating By raniafayed Updated 12 Sep 2012 , 10:36pm by DeniseNH

raniafayed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raniafayed Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 9

i have a few things i need help with, if anyone can answer my questions i would really appreciate it. I am using a silicone mold for the first time, once i pull out the fondant do i stick it on the cake straight away or do leave it to dry then stick it on the cake? thank u

8 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 9

You can do either. Fondant right from the mold will take the shape of the cake better-if, for instance, it's going on the side of a round cake.
If left to dry for a while, they will be more sturdy and easier to work with.

raniafayed Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 9

so it just depends if i want it to take the shape of the cake or not, is that right? if it doesnt need to take the shape of the cake i can let it dry first, is that right? thank you for ur help

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 6:24pm
post #4 of 9

raniafayed, that is correct.

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 6:36pm
post #5 of 9

Another tip - If you are going to dust the piece from the mold, you may want to dust it before applying it. It's a lot cleaned that way

Tjensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tjensen Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 9:14pm
post #6 of 9

Another, another tip lol:
I had to do 150 brooches for a cake recently and I used my luster dust and dusted the moulds with it instead of cornstarch before putting the fondant/gumpaste in the mold... when they came out they were dusted and could go straight to the cake... saved me sooooo much time!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 10:21pm
post #7 of 9

.......used my luster dust and dusted the moulds..........

That's fine but it leaves dust in the mold and sometime in the future you won't want that in it icon_sad.gif Some dusts are very, very difficult to get/wash out.

raniafayed Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 10:23pm
post #8 of 9

I appreciate all the help

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 10:36pm
post #9 of 9

Try one, if it stretches out of shape when handled, then leave it on waxed paper for a while to air dry, a half hour should do it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%