New Model Cake Pop Maker

Decorating By Lcubed82

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 5:00am
post #1 of 1

I have been tempted to try the Babycake Cake Pop baker, but withheld because of all the reviews. I was at Kohls today and saw the new model that rotates like a belgian waffle maker. It is supposed to improve the roundness of the pop.

Maybe I didn't try the best batter for a first attempt. I make a brownie batter, and used my 1 tbsp scoop to fill the spots. (The new kit comes with a batter bottle, but I didn't want to use any of the accessories until I had tried the machine.) Overall, I would call the results fair. The brownies took longer to cook, which caused them to be very crisp on the outside. As I like the edges, it isn't too bad, but not great for a special dessert option.

I did three sets of bites, and the machine cut off during the third, as it got overheated. I had to unplug it for a few minutes before continuing.

Having just make some wonderful cake pops this past weekend with the crumble and frosting method, I think the machine is headed back to Kohls tomorrow. Too bad, as the concept is great.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%