New Wasc Recipe Using Bulk Cake Mix

Business By aviles2005 Updated 18 Aug 2014 , 8:02pm by MBalaska

aviles2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aviles2005 Posted 2 Jul 2012 , 12:46pm
post #1 of 4

I would like to purchase a 50lb bag if DH cake mix but I'm having trouble locating the new recipe. I thought I read that you can't interchange 18.25oz of box cake for 18.25oz of bulk cake.
Does anyone have a WASC recipes specifically for bulk cake mix?

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Jul 2012 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 4

I used bulk mix when I had my shop. Unfortunately I can't remember the recipe any moreicon_sad.gif (I've been out of the shop for some 5 yrs now.)
The BIG thing was HOW the mixing was done. Not how much was used. RobRoss I think was the supplies who helped me. Once I got the mixing step by step down it all worked out just fine.

vmanbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vmanbakes Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 4

AI purchased a 5lb box of krusteaz white cake mix and was wondering if it could be used for wasc recipe.It is add water only mix. I made a small batch of it already and just added water and i found that it tasted a little eggy, can i add something to get rid of the eggy taste.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 18 Aug 2014 , 8:01pm
post #4 of 4

I'm surprised that it tasted eggy. krusteaz white cake mix. This mix, add water only, was sold in my local big box store for a few years and I made lots of practice cakes with it.  It was superb with an apricot, strawberry, or raspberry fruit filling and vanilla buttercream icing. 

But the mix already has eggs in it, so making a WACS recipe where you add more eggs doesn't seem right.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%