Help My Ganache Is Chunky

Decorating By sarahp7467 Updated 29 Jun 2012 , 2:13pm by BakingIrene

sarahp7467 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahp7467 Posted 29 Jun 2012 , 3:14am
post #1 of 5

I could use some advice on my chunky ganache.... I made it last night and let it sit at room temp overnight and now its chunky! Can I just warm it back up, cool it and then whip it up? I didn't want to use whipped ganache but at this point I think its my only option.

Also if I use whipped ganache can I cover it in fondant and put it in the fridge? Or can I just leave it out overnight? The cake isn't due until 5:30pm tomorrow so I am a little worried about leaving it out.

Any advice you can give me is much appreciated and would really help to keep me from pulling my hair out and throwing in the towel on my cake decorating days icon_smile.gif

4 replies
mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 29 Jun 2012 , 3:28am
post #2 of 5

It is probably because your chocolate didn't get completely melted. This has happened to me before. Yes, you can melt it back down again and get it smooth, then let it set up again. good luck!

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 29 Jun 2012 , 4:02am
post #3 of 5

Your chocolate wasn't completely melted. Just heat it back up-slowly- and you will be fine. Whipped ganache holds up fine under fondant. And no problem leaving ganache out over night.

sarahp7467 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahp7467 Posted 29 Jun 2012 , 6:32am
post #4 of 5

Thank you! I was finally able to get it to set up. I think I am finally on the ganache bandwagon!

icon_biggrin.gif

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 29 Jun 2012 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 5

Melt half of it. Put the other half in your food processor with the steel blade. Start the motor and pour in the melted half slowly. You will be able to ice immediately.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%