Pouring Ganache On Cake

Decorating By naiyyar Updated 30 Jun 2012 , 11:51am by cakesrock

naiyyar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naiyyar Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 4

i have made a heart shape cake, with a layer of choco buttercream in it. iv made the ganache using equal amounts of hershy semi sweet choc chip and heavy cream.

the cake is frosted in choco buttercream.

my question is how do i por the ganche on the cake so that it is SMOOTH like we see in the pictures online. iv tried to smooth the frosting on the surface as much as possible but still its not THAT SMOOTH. vl the irregularities show thru the ganche. thanx. il allow the ganache to drip on the sides and not cover the sides completely but the top yes.

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanx a ton icon_smile.gif

3 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 29 Jun 2012 , 3:46am
post #2 of 4

Usually, I just put it in the fridge and it hardens and looks smooth. Are you sure you used a poured ganache recipe? I usually put some butter in mine.

naiyyar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naiyyar Posted 30 Jun 2012 , 7:48am
post #3 of 4

I used equal quantities of chocolate and heavy cream plus little butter but still i dint get the shine??

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 30 Jun 2012 , 11:51am
post #4 of 4

Okay, I'm not a poured ganache expert, but the one I use for my cheesecake works well. It has no cream and uses corn syrup. Maybe someone out there has a better recipe (did you check the recipe section on this site? it's excellent and they are rated, which helps). Here's the recipe:
Poured ganache:

3 oz. chopped bittersweet chocolate
5 Tbs. unsalted butter
1 Tbs. light corn syrup

In a small bowl, melt the 3 oz. chopped chocolate and the butter. Add the corn syrup and whisk until smooth. Pour over cake and refrigerate.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%