Hi From Stephanie!

Lounge By TricycleTreats Updated 2 Jul 2012 , 9:05pm by letsgetcaking

TricycleTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TricycleTreats Posted 26 Jun 2012 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 2

Hi!

I'm Stephanie. Got into cake decorating back in 2010 when I lived in Savannah and was unemployed and needed something to do to keep me sane from getting job rejection after job rejection. AC Moore had a $10 Wilton registration special, so I took Decorating Basics and was hooked. icon_smile.gif (My mom also decorated cakes when I was little. I never expected I'd ever do it myself!) I sold cupcakes weekly at a farmers market in Savannah to practice my skills, but haven't done much since moving back to Cincinnati last year. (Though my boyfriend is motivating me to do a farmers market again.)

I'm also a Wilton instructor... which I'm currently having a love/hate relationship with. I've been teaching for almost a year, but I'm struggling with burnout. I've been teaching three nights a week since February on top of working a full time job. I'm realizing I don't have the time to be the best instructor I can be (following up on student questions, keeping in touch with students to get them to come back to class, actually being super proficient in certain techniques, etc.), and I'm growing frustrated with the store I teach at.

When I'm not decorating, I write chick lit. Yes, I'm still unpublished. icon_smile.gif I'm also getting the urge to back to scrapbooking. I'm intrigued by Smash books; I think it's a style of scrapping I can actually do. Just slap the pictures in and be done with it. icon_smile.gif

Hope to learn lots here and to rediscover my love of cake decorating! icon_smile.gif

1 reply
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 2 Jul 2012 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 2

Welcome, Stephanie! This is a great place to learn about everything cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%