Dessert Buffet

Decorating By Sweet_Stuff_Cakery Updated 23 Jun 2012 , 6:57am by RoseBonbon

Sweet_Stuff_Cakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Stuff_Cakery Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 4

I would like to make a dessert bar for my sisters baby shower, but I do not know how to figure out how many sweets to make. There going to be about 50 people. I was hoping to include a two tier cake (6in and 8in) along with cake pops, and cupcakes.

I am assuming the dessert buffets feed more than the estimated guests because people will be free to pick and choose as much as they want. How many extra servings should I provide?

Should I add extras like cookies and marshmallows as well?

Thanks!

3 replies
SoFloGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoFloGuy Posted 23 Jun 2012 , 12:25am
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Stuff_Cakery

I would like to make a dessert bar for my sisters baby shower, but I do not know how to figure out how many sweets to make. There going to be about 50 people. I was hoping to include a two tier cake (6in and 8in) along with cake pops, and cupcakes.

I am assuming the dessert buffets feed more than the estimated guests because people will be free to pick and choose as much as they want. How many extra servings should I provide?

Should I add extras like cookies and marshmallows as well?

Thanks!

Yeah, cookies sound like a good idea. Have something very chocolaty like brownies, or maybe even fudge, you can make a batch and make some plain, some peanut butter and some with walnuts easily. You can have some kind of cheese/cheesecake item. Fruit type dessert, cream or caramel custard type dessert too.

dandymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandymom Posted 23 Jun 2012 , 1:10am
post #3 of 4

Yes, I was just going to say something right along the lines of what SoFloDude said. If you are going to have a cake, then I wouldn't do cupcakes too, unless it's going to be cheesecake cupcakes. Brownies would be great, as would some lemon bars. A variety is always nice!

D.

RoseBonbon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RoseBonbon Posted 23 Jun 2012 , 6:57am
post #4 of 4

in here,a buffet of dessert include cheese cake bites, tartelettes (mini tartes) , chocoalte mousse shot, creme brule shot, marchemellow with chocolate pops, cake pops, sometimes croissant, i dont know it's name but it's made from chocolate and cornflex
for the serving quantity i suggested 3 pieces of every dessert type by persone theese things are small, delicious, easy to grab
you should considere 150 pieces of evrey dessert type i hate when the plate turn empty i like to see some left over when the party is over
that what i will do

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%