Help! Kung Fu Panda Cake For 2 Days Times And I Am Stuck!!

Decorating By daisyanita Updated 21 Jun 2012 , 6:04pm by daisyanita

daisyanita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisyanita Posted 21 Jun 2012 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a cake for a 5th birthday party and I have tried numerous ways of making Po from Kung Fu panda but the "no-neck" thing he's got going just doesn't work in my models. Anyone have any tricks ideas or advice.
I am stressing out now!! icon_cry.gif Please help.
Thanks in anticipation!

5 replies
thebittersweetbakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thebittersweetbakehouse Posted 21 Jun 2012 , 2:58pm
post #2 of 6

im awaiting the arrival of mine to try my first model, and you may have already tried this, but have you made a model with the mexican modelling paste?

Meant to hold shape really well for intricate models and designs and dries pretty hard.

what about making the head from fondant covered cereal treat then attaching that to the body with dowel/mikado stick?

icon_rolleyes.gif Just a few ideas

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 21 Jun 2012 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 6

Gosh, I go through this all the time.
Po does have a neck but it's fat and black.
I know it looks like he doesn't, but you have to look close at the make up of Po.
I'm not being clear, but attached a picture that may help
LL

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 21 Jun 2012 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 6

Did I make a mistake? Are you having problems getting your model to look like Po because you assumed he had no neck, or is it a structural problem with holding the head on the body?

Holleep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Holleep Posted 21 Jun 2012 , 3:38pm
post #5 of 6

Is your cake of just Po himself? Or are you looking for suggestions for a small Po for the top of a cake?? I wish I could find my pictures¡KI¡¦ve made a full size Po before, using the Wilton wonder mold Barbie cake pan and the sports ball pan for his head. I cut off the top of the wonder mold pan to reduce the taper and give him less of a neck and sat the sports ball (the full round one) on top - secured with a plastic dowel¡Kthen filled in his limbs with rice krispie treats. I used piped frosting for his fur and fondant for his shorts but it worked out really well and was super fun to do! º

daisyanita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisyanita Posted 21 Jun 2012 , 6:04pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne3

Gosh, I go through this all the time.
Po does have a neck but it's fat and black.
I know it looks like he doesn't, but you have to look close at the make up of Po.
I'm not being clear, but attached a picture that may help

Thank you thank you! I didn't look at it like that! Giving it another try now!! Seriously - I think this picture is just what I needed to get my head around it!

Holleep - just a small Po for on top of the cake. It's given me nightmares!

Thanks everyone - going for another attempt now! Will post photos if (and hopefully when) I succeed!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%