Need Some Hawaiian Tiered Cake Ideas

Decorating By bostonterrierlady Updated 17 Jun 2012 , 1:22am by bostonterrierlady

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 3:45am
post #1 of 5

This is for a 50th anniversary party. I had something in mind but am starting over. Have been attempting gumpaste hibiscus. They have proven to be difficult for me. I would like something fun but also pretty. Thanks.

4 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 5

How are you at piped flowers? Piped hibiscus is not as difficult as gumpaste. You make the centres the same way and stick them into each flower as soon as you have piped it.

One of the Wilton Celebrate yearbooks (III, I think) had directions to pipe some other Hawaiian flowers. Plus a war canoe and masks. Those patterns are posted on the Wilton website's pattern locator link.

What about a small volcano on the top of the cake with a pair of sparklers added just before serving...maybe surround it with a lei? A card saying "50 hot years"?

Ice the cake board to look like the ocean and a sandy beach? Pipe some palm trees on the side of the bottom tier?

bostonterrierlady Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 5

.........One of the Wilton Celebrate yearbooks (III, I think) had directions to pipe some other Hawaiian flowers. ......

An OLD Wilton book - encyclopedia - Vol. 3 have many, many flowers. If you can get your hands on one I think you would really love it. I sure miss mine icon_sad.gif
It's a big, thick book - originally sold for about $30. You might be able to find one on e_Bay.

bostonterrierlady Posted 17 Jun 2012 , 1:22am
post #5 of 5

Yes I have both of those books.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%