Edible Image Company (Help)!

Decorating By jamielynn24 Updated 15 Jun 2012 , 8:02pm by jamielynn24

jamielynn24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamielynn24 Posted 15 Jun 2012 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 4

Hey everyone,
I will be doing a Grooms cake soon & they want the cake in Camouflage. I was thinking about doing the Edible Sheets but I am looking for a company who can print them for me & are a descent Price!! The cakes will be 10" & 12" & I need to cover them both fully!! If anyone knows or a good edible printing company I would love some suggestions. Are I am open to other options too if anyone has any!!
Thanks for the Help thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
Pam1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pam1976 Posted 15 Jun 2012 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 4

I have used icingimages.com and they will get you your images quickly and they look nice. You can also email them first to see if they have any suggestions or need to make changes! They are very nice!

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 15 Jun 2012 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 4

If you need a more decent price, you can learn to paint the pattern on yourself. You can paint onto fondant and buttercream. You need a few different shades of Americolor gel in the small bottles according to which camo they are asking for. You can make stencils if it helps you to get the shapes right.

Top paint on fondant, roll out a practise piece. Mix up some fondant made into a paste with water, and add the colour. You can use a new craft brush or a spatula depending on what the design is supposed to look like.

To paint on buttercream you dilute your buttercream with piping gel for paint and colour it. Paint straight onto the chilled finish iced cake.

jamielynn24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamielynn24 Posted 15 Jun 2012 , 8:02pm
post #4 of 4

Thank Y'all icon_smile.gif I am defiantly looking into all my options!! I would love trying new things!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%