Vanilla&chocolate Cake Recipe That Holds Up For Tiered C

Baking By hugs28 Updated 18 Jun 2012 , 2:18pm by hugs28

hugs28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hugs28 Posted 15 Jun 2012 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 5

I have been searching for a vanilla cake and a chocolate cake that will stand up greatly for tiered cakes. Yet I need something that tastes great too. I am doing a 3 tiered cake and they want it vanilla and chocolate with vanilla custard filling. I have to do a 10", 8" & 6" tiers. I am bad at figuring out how much mix I need to lol. I have done tiered cakes, but with box mix and it does not hold up well icon_smile.gif I want this one to be perfect. thanks in advance.

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 5

http://cakecentral.com/recipe/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe

Here's a great oneicon_smile.gif Just use a white OR French Vanilla mix for one and a choco mix for the other. It's the perfect recipe for wedding cakes.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Jun 2012 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 5

What exactly do you mean "it doesn't hold up well." What sort of support system are you using?

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 17 Jun 2012 , 1:53am
post #4 of 5

To make a "perfect" tiered cake, you will need to add supports like dowels or straws. These are all cut to the same height for each tier, so that the cake on top sits on the supports instead of the lower cake.

Please also for a "perfect" cake, consider using white chocolate ganache instead of vanilla custard filling. You will find it so much easier to handle once each tier has chilled.

hugs28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hugs28 Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 2:18pm
post #5 of 5

Yes I know to use supports. A box cake is too crumbly to work with I think, it likes to fall apart on me. I use dowels in my tiers and down the middle so its not that part of it. Its just the actual cake part. thanks for the help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%