Coloring In A Face On A Cake - Help!

Decorating By kss1217 Updated 14 Jun 2012 , 7:17pm by kss1217

kss1217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kss1217 Posted 13 Jun 2012 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 3

I'm trying to transfer a picture onto a cake using the icing transfer method and I need to fill in the picture. I plan on using canned frosting due to its creamy texture to color in the face and arms of my friend for her birthday. I don't mind using the size 16 star tip to color in the clothing, but want the face, neck and arms to be smooth.

I found this video on youtube and LOVE the smooth look of this icing. Is it possible to warm frosting and use it to color in the picture, or is there a better method?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

2 replies
JACrellin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JACrellin Posted 14 Jun 2012 , 5:12am
post #2 of 3

I wouldn't use store bought icing if i was you. It will not turn out as planned trust me! The icing that she used to make the tweety bird is royal icing. The black outline is thicker then the yellow. The black helps hold in the shape when using the thinner one. Its the same icing they use on those sugar cookies that look so amazing. Here is a blog about getting the perfect royal icing. Hope this will help you! I would just do the whole picture with royal icing. Happy Baking!

kss1217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kss1217 Posted 14 Jun 2012 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you JACrellin for the advice! I didn't know that royal icing could "liquify" icon_lol.gif I'll give this method a try.

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%