Decorating A Fondant Cake In Advance

Decorating By pinkx2 Updated 13 Jun 2012 , 11:43am by noosalucy

pinkx2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkx2 Posted 13 Jun 2012 , 7:33am
post #1 of 3

Hi all... I have a cake for a friend this weekend ( picking up on Friday.. Event is Saturday) and I work long hours this week so I baked the cakes yesterday (Monday) wrapped and froze them and I am going to start frosting and covering in fondant and decorating it all... Is this too soon?? If not, how should I store this cake so it stays fresh and looks good by Friday/ Saturday ???? Thanks!

2 replies
Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 13 Jun 2012 , 9:21am
post #2 of 3

That's fine, with my more complex cakes I BC and cover in fondant 6--7 days before as I only have evenings to make cakes too! They're always good and moist for the day, just don't keep the cake in an airtight box between working on it as the fondant will go sticky, just keep it covered so no dust settles.
HTH icon_smile.gif

noosalucy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noosalucy Posted 13 Jun 2012 , 11:43am
post #3 of 3

I agree, it is totally fine. The whole idea of covering cakes with fondant was to keep them fresh whilst having time to work on detailed deocrations and piping on the cakes over a few days. It lasts looking nice for longer than would probably care to know! As long as you let it breath so it doesn't sweat and get stickey as Crazy-Gray said.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%