Transporting Cakes

Decorating By funtodecorate2 Updated 12 Jun 2012 , 1:50pm by funtodecorate2

funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 11 Jun 2012 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 4

Hi
For those people that do not transport their cakes stacked , do you use individual REG cake boxes and put each size into their own box, deliver them and then set up? This isn't limited to wedding cakes. Anything that has multiple cakes ,'

If so do you then take the boxes back home after you've stacked the cakes.
Do you leave maybe 1 box for the party to use for take home left overs? Leave all the boxes?

Or do you get larger boxes from say lowes and transport cakes and maybe leave a REG cake box for the party to use for left overs?

Exspensive leaving all the individual boxes. I know to add the price into it but it just drives up the price of cakes . Any suggestions are wonderful
thanks.

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 Jun 2012 , 12:23am
post #2 of 4

I take my cakes in sturdy cardboard moving boxes, and if I have to set anything up on site I put the extra tiers in plastic containers that I can stack on top of the boxes while I'm moving everything into the venue. I can wash out the plastic containers, but if I had a cardboard box that I had used to deliver something I wouldn't reuse it. I bring a 7" square box for the top tier, but I don't leave other boxes.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 12 Jun 2012 , 9:11am
post #3 of 4

I deliver each tier in its own cake box. I fold them up for the family to be able to take the cake home. If it was a four tier cake, that gives them four families that can take home cake. The top tier, if being saved, has the box it came in. I would never re-use the box.

funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 12 Jun 2012 , 1:50pm
post #4 of 4

thanks for the replies. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%