Thank You So Much Cc Peepz :-)

Decorating By maimai16 Updated 10 Jun 2012 , 12:52pm by maimai16

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 10 Jun 2012 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone icon_smile.gif

I am so happy with the rsult of my first try in making cake balls. I have read the 89pages on making cake balls here on cc. Bec of that thread, i was able anticipate the prob that i might encounter and i finished it just like a pro icon_smile.gif well that how i felt after i see the last batch i made icon_smile.gif

I have 3 observations though about some issues that we encounter in making this yummy little treat.

First, we have to make sure the cake ball is very smooth or prperfectly shaped before popping it in the ref or freezer to set. Coz i was in a hurry and did not make my cake balls looking pretty and im just hoping its easier to smooth them after they set. Well, i was wrong. It is very hard for me to smooth thme after they set.

Second, i noticed that after dipping the cake balls in the melted choco that ar still fresh hot from the double boiler, it does not cover it nicely. Coz cake is still slightly visible after dipping. Then when im almost finish in coating most of the balls, the chocolate are a little thick but still liquid-y, it covered the ball very smooth and nice. It somehow covered the imperfect ball shape that i made.

Lastly, the cracking issue. With my experience, i got 3 balls with crack out of 60 balls. I think it occured when i left it longer to set in the freezer coz the other batches came out crack free coz i removed them just after the coating is hard to touch.

With this, i am so greatfull that i am a member of this amazing site. You guys are awesome icon_smile.gif thank you for all the help icon_smile.gif

1 reply
maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 10 Jun 2012 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 2

Oh, and this is the link of the pic icon_smile.gif

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2344955/cake-balls

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%