Cotton Candy Cake

Baking By mystsparkle Updated 18 Sep 2013 , 4:15am by Stone Pearl

mystsparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mystsparkle Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 4

hi all..ive googled and found a few recipes ...
I am looking for a cake that will have the taste of cotton candy..a lot of the recipes i come across is a standard cake, but with cotton candy icing..which i don't want. i know there are the extracts that you can use to flavor..but when i read reviews of it INSIDE the cake, it doesn't seem to shine and get the cotton candy flavor out there.

I found one site that had this, and she said it tasted like cotton candy...Do you think there will be any problem w/ this recipe...being it's only 3 elements?

1 (18.25 oz) white cake mix
2 cups (1 pint) melted cotton candy ice cream
3 eggs

Thank you guys!

3 replies
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 13 Jun 2012 , 7:54am
post #2 of 4

You could use a white cake mix and add cotton candy flavored candy oil. I did this last summer when a friend of mine requested a bubblegum flavored cake. Just remember that the candy oil is strong so start with six to eight drops and then taste the batter before adding more.

noveen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noveen Posted 18 Sep 2013 , 3:01am
post #3 of 4

ASo did you ever make it?

Stone Pearl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stone Pearl Posted 18 Sep 2013 , 4:15am
post #4 of 4

Hi,

If you want to make the Cotton Candy Cake then try to use this...

• 2 packets Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cotton Candy Flavor Mix

-You need to find in Walmart and Winn Dixie..Really just have to shop around because some stores carry limited flavors.

-I actually picked some up from my local cake and candy supply store, but perhaps check out Amazon for an online option.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%