Ordering Supplies

Business By mygirls1217 Updated 9 Jun 2012 , 11:09am by suzylynn58

mygirls1217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mygirls1217 Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 11:10am
post #1 of 9

hey all, as i am still new at this i dont exactly have all supplies. i live in a very small town and dont have many options for cake decor around me. anyone got any good online ordering sites where i could order right from home??THANKS

8 replies
Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 11:32am
post #2 of 9

Where do you live?

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 9
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 11:24pm
post #4 of 9

I get almost everything from cakedeco.com. Be very careful using CK products, there was a thread recently about people having their credit cards numbers stolen after ordering from them. My card number was stolen twice in three months, both times after I had placed an order with them for the first and second time. Their prices are good but it isn't worth having the card number stolen!

CakeDeco is great, good customer service. I've told this story before, but they once called me because the ladies in the office noticed that my zip code "looked different" and they wanted to be sure it was right! The post office had just changed it, so I give them credit for noticing and checking on it before sending my order out.

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 11:45pm
post #5 of 9

[quote="costumeczar"]I get almost everything from cakedeco.com. Be very careful using CK products, there was a thread recently about people having their credit cards numbers stolen after ordering from them. My card number was stolen twice in three months, both times after I had placed an order with them for the first and second time. Their prices are good but it isn't worth having the card number stolen!
You may want to check if your credit card company offers virtual numbers. Whenever I order anything online, I use my Discover card. I request a virtual number that can be used one time only.

costumeczar Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 11:56pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goreti

[
You may want to check if your credit card company offers virtual numbers. Whenever I order anything online, I use my Discover card. I request a virtual number that can be used one time only.

I keep meaning to look into that, becasue I won't order from them again until I get something like that in place. I wish they took paypal, because that would prevent whoever it is on their end who's getting the numbers from accessing them.

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 9 Jun 2012 , 1:07am
post #7 of 9

Sort of off topic.....I order from CK also and got my CC number stolen. The last couple of times I've ordered, I got the virtual number from my CC company and it worked out fine.

However, the last order I made, several things that I needed desperately, were out of stock. I thought the new system was going to tell you if something wasn't available.

So yesterday I made an order and did it over the phone. They were sooo helpful. A couple of things I needed were unavailable at that warehouse and so they are going to ship them from the other warehouse. Had I ordered online, they just would not have come in. I felt comfortable using my card over the phone.

But you have to have a tax ID to order from them.

costumeczar Posted 9 Jun 2012 , 1:19am
post #8 of 9

CK has two divisions, one is wholesale and one is retail for anybody. I think that you only have to have a tax ID for the wholesale side of it. I don't know if they have minimums otherwise.

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 9 Jun 2012 , 11:09am
post #9 of 9

That's right! Country Kitchens. I order some stuff from them too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%