What Would You Do - Need Advice

Lounge By emie Updated 6 Jun 2012 , 10:49pm by BlakesCakes

emie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emie Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 12

I hope it's ok to post this here. I bought a new Kopykake 300 XK projector in 2005. As far as I can remember it has never been used. I am retired now & need to get rid of stuff. My DH suggested I post it on Craigs list since I don't want to get involved with shipping items posted on ebay. In your opinion do you think this is a good idea? I don't think I've ever seen any cake decorating items listed there. I would appreciate your opinion. Thanks.

11 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 12

It's not a bid idea but don't expect to get much for it. Craigslist people are looking the CHEAP; bargins.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 12

[quote="emie" I don't think I've ever seen any cake decorating items listed there.[/quote]

That's because it's against the user terms of service to advertise items for sale, barter, etc.

Rae

SoFloGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoFloGuy Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

[quote="emie" I don't think I've ever seen any cake decorating items listed there.

That's because it's against the user terms of service to advertise items for sale, barter, etc.

Rae[/quote]

Not true. Craigslist had many different categories where you can post things for sale including used items.

BlakesCakes Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 9:19pm
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFloGuy

Quote:

[quote="emie" I don't think I've ever seen any cake decorating items listed there.

Rae

Not true. Craigslist had many different categories where you can post things for sale including used items.[/quote]

IS TRUE FOR CAKE CENTRAL.........I said nothing about Craigslist.

Rae

SoFloGuy Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 9:21pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by emie

I hope it's ok to post this here. I bought a new Kopykake 300 XK projector in 2005. As far as I can remember it has never been used. I am retired now & need to get rid of stuff. My DH suggested I post it on Craigs list since I don't want to get involved with shipping items posted on ebay. In your opinion do you think this is a good idea? I don't think I've ever seen any cake decorating items listed there. I would appreciate your opinion. Thanks.

You may be able to post it on Ebay with a local pickup only option. You are really limiting the people who can buy from you though. You can always try it when Ebay has a free listing day so you don't have to post a listing fee it it doesn't sell.

You can post it on Craigslist, but you need a person who is interested in it to happen to find it. Cookware/bakeware supplies can be found under Appliances, General, or Household items.

Go to Craigslist, put in your area and put cookware in the search and you will see other items for sale in your area, that will give you an idea of where to post it.

SoFloGuy Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 9:23pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFloGuy

Quote:

Rae

Not true. Craigslist had many different categories where you can post things for sale including used items.

IS TRUE FOR CAKE CENTRAL.........I said nothing about Craigslist.

Rae[/quote]

AND SHE ASKED NOTHING ABOUT POSTING THE ITEM FOR SALE HERE, SHE ASKED IF IT'S OKAY TO ASK ABOUT SELLING THE ITEM ELSEWHERE.

BlakesCakes Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 9:26pm
post #8 of 12

You're right. I was wrong and read her post as saying, "posted HERE".

Sorry.

That's what I get for playing online Scrabble and reading CC at the same time.

Rae

SoFloGuy Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 9:27pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:

You're right. I was wrong and read her post as saying, "posted HERE".

Sorry.

Rae

No problem, sorry I yelled, icon_sad.gif

emie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emie Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 10:07pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks everyone!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 10:35pm
post #11 of 12

You may also want to try contacting local bakeries to see if they are interested in buying it.

BlakesCakes Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 10:49pm
post #12 of 12

Good idea.

Also, if you could contact a local ICES chapter. They may know of someone who'd be interested. You can find chapter rep info at ices.org.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%