Applying Edible Images To Fondant

Decorating By neekole Updated 6 Jun 2012 , 3:19am by neekole

neekole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neekole Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 1:21am
post #1 of 5

I'm new to using edible images and after I peeled back the plastic from the frosting sheets i brushed it with water so it would stick to the fondant. I brought it to the venue and it started raising around the edges. Any suggestions on what to do next time? Or am doing it completely wrong? Thanks!

4 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 1:49am
post #2 of 5

Its raising because its dry. Do you have a way of spraying it with water? If not try a damp closer to dry paper towel and gently touch the image. Very gently so as not to disturb the colorings and tear the image.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 4:10am
post #3 of 5

Attaching them to fondant is kind of a pain. You need a good amount of water to get it to really stick but ANY on the front and your in trouble. What I like to do is roll out a piece of very thin fondant (like a 5 on the pasta roller) spray it down pretty wet, lay my image on that (using my finger or a tool to make sure it is adhered all over), cut that out of the fondant and place it on the cake. The fondant will stick to itself, no need for more water.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 12:23pm
post #4 of 5

I apply eis to fondant all the time. Here is how I do it. Take a brush, I usually use about a half inch one. Brush a small amount of water onto your fondant, which is already applied to the cookie. Spread it out just a bit smaller than the the size of the ei you are applying. Brush it a bit until the fondant is sticky, again, staying within the space a little smaller than your ei

Lay your ei on the fondant, you will have a second or two to manipulate the ei, so that damp fondant will come to the edges of your ei. If I am doing squares, I dip each corner of the ei into the sticky fondant before applying. That makes sure the corners stay down. Very seldom do the edges come up and I never outline my eis with anything.
LL

neekole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neekole Posted 6 Jun 2012 , 3:19am
post #5 of 5

Thank You!! That helps a lot!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%