Delivering Wedding Cake With Pedestal Stand..

Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 5 Jun 2012 , 7:25pm by AZCouture

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 12:51am
post #1 of 15

So, I delivered a 3 tiered wedding cake on a crystal clear stand on Sat and let me tell you..it was a nightmare delivering it! I had the cake between my legs in trunk holding onto it on curves, stops, bumps, or turns and it was soo hard! Can someone please tell me how they deliver these OR do you put cake on a baseboard and put on pedestal at wedding? Advice please! I love the pedestal stands but need to know an easier way of getting it to reception in one peice. Thank god I did it sat. but it was horrific..

Thanks!
jenifer

14 replies
BethG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethG Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 1:02am
post #2 of 15

I normally put the cakes together at the site of delivery. I don't how they do it put together on tv.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 1:18am
post #3 of 15

You put the cake on the pedestal at the venue, not before delivery. There's no reason to do it any other way.

Rae

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 4:14am
post #4 of 15

Sometimes I deliver it on the pedestal. If it's a 14" diameter, I put it in a 14" box (like a moving box, not a cake box) and fill the bottom with towels and jam some non-skid between the widest part of the pedestal and the box until it is completely wedged in. You may still want to have someone else drive and you sit by the box to make sure it doesn't topple (top heavy). Totally do-able.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 5:40am
post #5 of 15

Why on earth would you deliver a cake on a pedestal? You mean you put the actual cake on the pedestal with no board underneath? Talk about top heavy. Hello caketastrophe!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 5:42am
post #6 of 15

I just appreciated the mental picture of you holding that cake in your trunk. Susan

SugaredSaffron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredSaffron Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 7:14am
post #7 of 15

I don't understand why you would do it, did someone ask/tell you too? How did it survive the journey lol

jenscreativity Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 11:02am
post #8 of 15

I did it because first time experience with being so busy and not having time to find another route of how to deliver it, like I did on here yesterday. Yes, my driver told me , "bump, turn, stop, and etc..over 100 times to site..it was funny but not funny..Scary too..A learning experience! Thanks to all and for now on, I need to ask before I do to ease things like this..now I know what to do..Thanks again! and I praise god got it there in good status!

jenscreativity Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 11:03am
post #9 of 15

Also picture of cake is in my forum..the ivory with pearl embelleshments..TFL! God bless..

SugaredSaffron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredSaffron Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 2:51pm
post #10 of 15

Oh I see, I thought you meant a pedastal stand as in a very tall one. Although still you should be putting cakes on boards/drums. Much easier to transport and cut that way. Thank God it got there in one piece icon_biggrin.gif

jenscreativity Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 5:17pm
post #11 of 15

cake was on a board, but smaller one..but I did the border right onto the pedestal stand,,so it was kind of glued together to stand. Next time, bigger base board and do at reception! Thanks so much!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 7:09pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

Why on earth would you deliver a cake on a pedestal? You mean you put the actual cake on the pedestal with no board underneath? Talk about top heavy. Hello caketastrophe!

If you set it up in the box like I said it's totally do-able. I really dislike working on the cakes on-site, though of course I would if I had to. We will deliver up to 5 cakes in one day and that doesn't leave a lot of extra time. I have had a few cake-tastrophes in my day, but none on the pedestal stands. Also, sometimes the design dictates that you need to (or just really, really should) assemble in the sanctuary of your shop. Like this cake:

http://www.spdak.com/web%20galleries/wedding/wgc_media/source/Big%20Bow.JPG

Although THAT one WAS a hairier delivery since I couldn't box it.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 7:17pm
post #13 of 15

This stand belonged to the bride, and I was not even going to attempt setting that up one site. I double side taped the bottom cake board to the pedestal, assembled it, and off we went. Hubby drove, and I carefully kept it balanced and safe. I wasn't chancing dinging the buttercream or other silliness on this one.Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 7:19pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture

This stand belonged to the bride, and I was not even going to attempt setting that up one site. I double side taped the bottom cake board to the pedestal, assembled it, and off we went. Hubby drove, and I carefully kept it balanced and safe. I wasn't chancing dinging the buttercream or other silliness on this one.Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

that is one gorgeous cake

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 7:25pm
post #15 of 15

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%