Help With Rkt Sneaker

Decorating By DivaJai Updated 4 Jun 2012 , 5:49pm by funtodecorate2

DivaJai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DivaJai Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 3:42am
post #1 of 5

Hello all! I really need a little help with finding a tutorial on making a tennis shoe out of gumpaste or rkt covered in fondant to go on top of a cake for this coming Saturday. Any help would be soooo appreciated! Thanks!

4 replies
funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 4:36am
post #2 of 5

I just made my first attempt at tennis shoes. I had to make four of them. They are for my son's and his best friend grad cake tomorrow. I took the individual rkt that are in the package and just shaped them like a shoe. Then I put black fondant over just the tops. I used my cricit. It has a shoe cutout. I cut out two had them meet in the front and the back and used gumpaste glue to hold them together. I added the school colors , put a trim and made laces. Actually I think my first one turned out the best. I will take a pic tomorrow and try and send you a pic monday. Sorry it can't be sooner but with graduation and the all night party I won't be home until monday.
So in the mean time maybe someone else might be able to help too.

DivaJai Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 4:44pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks Funtodecorate! I look forward to seeing what you've done. One question... how'd you use already made rkt? Did you have to crunch it up first or did you use it straight out the package and start molding it?

DivaJai Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks Funtodecorate! I look forward to seeing what you've done. One question... how'd you use already made rkt? Did you have to crunch it up first or did you use it straight out the package and start molding it?

funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 4 Jun 2012 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 5

Pic now in my photos. I just reshaped them. Made the heel a little narrower . Pushed them in on the sides . Look how our feet go in from our arches. Pretty happy with them for my first try.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%