White Flower Cake Shoppe Signature Flower

Decorating By littlestruedel Updated 23 Jun 2016 , 9:36pm by MBalaska

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 3 May 2014 , 4:22pm
post #91 of 165

I just wanted to let everyone know that I tried the Wilton 402 tip yesterday and could NOT get it to work!  I went back to the Ateco 403 tip (even though I had wanted smaller flowers) and it worked perfectly!  So anyone out there that's having trouble, maybe it's because you're using the Wilton tip (which doesn't seem to work very well) and/or your buttercream isn't stiff enough, it has to be pretty stiff. 

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 3 May 2014 , 4:29pm
post #92 of 165

JDelectables:  Your cake is gorgeous, wow!  Good job!  Those colours are amazing together!  What colours did you use?

Do they advise that you do the scrollwork first and then the flowers on the top, or the other way around?

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 3 May 2014 , 4:52pm
post #93 of 165

I did the scrollwork first and then the flowers.  I use americolor gels.  for that cake, coral (mix between a few), turquoise, and white.

jdelectables Posted 3 May 2014 , 4:53pm
post #94 of 165

another I did recently

Buttercream floral

nancylee61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylee61 Posted 4 May 2014 , 5:25pm
post #95 of 165

AI have a tiny C shaped tip in my Wilton kit, but I couldn't get it to work. I used the legal tip, saw a video somewhere, maybe one of you posted it! Probably! It was like making a rosé, the onside down U. Tried it first with looser BC, it was literally flopping, so made a stiffer batch of American BC, and got this. It's definitely not the same, but I like it. [IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3230789/width/350/height/700[/IMG] [IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3230790/width/350/height/700[/IMG] [IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3230791/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

nancylee61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylee61 Posted 4 May 2014 , 5:25pm
post #96 of 165

AThat is a gorgeous cake! I love it! Nancy

chaka1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaka1 Posted 5 May 2014 , 10:31pm
post #97 of 165

jdelectables - Your cake is beautiful. You mentioned that your one cake was after taking two of their classes. I looked online at their classes and it looks like the buttercream technique class is one day for only 1 hour and 15 minutes. Is that what you attended or was there a different one? Plus it says you get recipes. I'm wondering what you got recipes for. I live in Illinois and am wondering if it's worth a trip over there. Thanks so much. Your cakes look beautiful. Are you using a swiss meringue?

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 5 May 2014 , 10:52pm
post #98 of 165

I'm going to order the Ateco "U" tubes numbers 79, 80, 81   and give these flowers a try.

jdelectables Posted 6 May 2014 , 1:39am
post #99 of 165

A

Original message sent by chaka1

jdelectables - Your cake is beautiful. You mentioned that your one cake was after taking two of their classes. I looked online at their classes and it looks like the buttercream technique class is one day for only 1 hour and 15 minutes. Is that what you attended or was there a different one? Plus it says you get recipes. I'm wondering what you got recipes for. I live in Illinois and am wondering if it's worth a trip over there. Thanks so much. Your cakes look beautiful. Are you using a swiss meringue?

Yes I took their buttercream class and the floral cupcakes class. I also practiced ALOT! I am not sure what recipes they are referring to as in neither of the classes did I get any recipes. They simply said their swiss meringue is similar to Martha Stewarts. However I would disagree with that as I believe white flower adds some shortening to theirs. Just my opinion. I use a version of a Swiss meringue that is from the Wilton site. I made some adjustments to it. The one I am referring is: http://cakecentral.com/a/whipped-cream-buttercream-frosting It is also on this site. Check out the book called "sensational buttercream" by Carey madden. It has some amazing flowers in there, some of which are similar to white flowers. Hope this info helps!

MBalaska Posted 6 May 2014 , 1:55am
post #100 of 165

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdelectables 

"......... Check out the book called "sensational buttercream" by Carey madden. It has some amazing flowers in there, some of which are similar to white flowers. Hope this info helps!

Those flowers are on the cover of her book!!  Yours look just as nice.;-D;-D

My copy of that book just came in the mail.

jdelectables Posted 6 May 2014 , 2:04am
post #101 of 165

AThat book is awesome. She uses swiss meringue also. The frosting type is key!!

chaka1 Posted 6 May 2014 , 5:24am
post #102 of 165

Thanks for the tip on that book. Sure beats having to drive 7 hours for the class!!!! Again, your cakes are beautiful and your practice has definitely paid off. Thanks again.

MBalaska Posted 15 May 2014 , 2:11am
post #103 of 165

apparently tip Wilton 403 is much larger than Wilton  tip 402 and is too big for a coupler.

*sorry I tried to post a photo & it didn't work*

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 29 Jul 2014 , 1:38pm
post #104 of 165

AI know this is an old thread but I just wanted to mention that My Cake School just did a video tutorial for this flower that is amazing. I purchased Cary maddens book but this tutorial is so explicate that I think it will answer all of your questions. I also made My Cake Schools icing using icing from HEB market instead of Hi Ratio shortening but it was a little grainy, and yes, I did use boiling water not hot from the tap. In any event the icing tasted great and I couldn't keep my fingers out of the bowl. It piped wonderfully too.

chaka1 Posted 29 Jul 2014 , 11:20pm
post #105 of 165

Membership to MyCakeSchool is only $30 for the year and it's well worth it.

princelyess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princelyess Posted 3 Sep 2014 , 1:43am
post #106 of 165

Has anyone duplicated these?  I would love to know how to make them. 

MBalaska Posted 3 Sep 2014 , 1:56am
post #107 of 165

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by costumeczar 

We used to make those in culinary school. Nothing tricky about them, they're just the curved piping tip used to make individual petals.

start on page one here and you'll get lots of ideas.  There are some really great flowers.

princelyess Posted 3 Sep 2014 , 4:00am
post #108 of 165

WOW!!!  Fabulous Cakes!!! ;-D I need to practice!

MBalaska Posted 3 Sep 2014 , 4:44am
post #109 of 165

Oh heck......Me Too!!

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 3 Sep 2014 , 10:57am
post #110 of 165

I went and bought a subscription to MyCakeSchool to get their recipe and method for doing it - they turn out exactly the same as the WFCS. Also shows how holding the bag/tip differently gives different results. The recipe worked better for these my usual BC, but even after watching the vids a few times I still need to (find time to) practice more!! I got Wilton tips 402 and 403 for them.

princelyess Posted 4 Sep 2014 , 2:08am
post #111 of 165

I was able to find the Wilton tip #403 at my local cake supply store.  He had quite a few, actually.  I tried with the buttercream that I have been using.  It is very fluffy.  I added extra confectioner's sugar to stiffen it up.  Not sure if I need to play with the consistency or my technique, or BOTH!!  Any tips anyone can give for technique?  This was originally planned for a work gathering just for fun and turned into a celebration for two people that I work with that got their Masters degrees.  From no stress practice to much stress job!!! 8O8O

MBalaska Posted 4 Sep 2014 , 2:16am
post #112 of 165

princelyess They look great! First time was the charm for these flowers, and your colors are hot!

princelyess Posted 4 Sep 2014 , 2:47am
post #113 of 165

Thanks MBalaska, I couldn't get the height on the flower petals that I wanted. Now, even thought is is 10:45 pm, I am temped to make a batch of SMBC and try that out!!! LOL  Maybe tomorrow night I will.  Thank you for all of your help! :);-D

MBalaska Posted 4 Sep 2014 , 4:27am
post #114 of 165

You're very welcome, and you did it way better than my first and only try.  ;-D   Keep up the good work.

Rmatz678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rmatz678 Posted 4 Sep 2014 , 10:32am
post #115 of 165

A[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3282335/width/200/height/400[/IMG] I tried for the first time using rich's bettercreme. Worked pretty well. Have a lot of practice to do, but happy with my first attempt! [IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3282336/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

princelyess Posted 4 Sep 2014 , 11:40pm
post #116 of 165

Great Job!!! Those look awesome, Rmatz678!!!;-D

Rmatz678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rmatz678 Posted 6 Sep 2014 , 1:17am
post #117 of 165

A[IMG][IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3282744/width/200/height/400[/IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3282745/width/200/height/400[/IMG] Tonight's cake-venture! Just started really decorating this summer- LOVE white flower Cake's designs. I use rich's bettercreme which has a different texture and taste completely from bettercreme but holds the flowers well...first attempt at the flowers on a cake

lbasile27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lbasile27 Posted 6 Sep 2014 , 3:16am
post #118 of 165

I took a class at White Flower and they showed us how to make their flower. They only use an Ateco tip for this (401 or 402). They said the Wilton tip will not make the petals correctly.

The trick is to pipe a good amount onto the surface before you start pulling upward. You need a good base or the petals will fall.

They use SMBC frosting, but I believe it' 1/2 butter and 1/2 Sweetex and some powdered sugar added at the end for added sweetness and stiffness. It's delicious and silky smooth!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 6 Sep 2014 , 9:05am
post #119 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbasile27 

I took a class at White Flower and they showed us how to make their flower. They only use an Ateco tip for this (401 or 402). They said the Wilton tip will not make the petals correctly.

The trick is to pipe a good amount onto the surface before you start pulling upward. You need a good base or the petals will fall.

They use SMBC frosting, but I believe it' 1/2 butter and 1/2 Sweetex and some powdered sugar added at the end for added sweetness and stiffness. It's delicious and silky smooth!

Welcome to the forum and huge thanks for the details!  

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 6 Sep 2014 , 3:24pm
post #120 of 165

So for the flower, do you hold the bag with tip 402 at a 45 degree angle while piping the petals? When you say to pipe a good amount to surface before pulling upward, do you mean like putting a blob of icing underneath the petals like you do to make a rose only not as big then pipe the petal on top pulling upward? I am more of a visual person so I look at a lot of videos. If I can see how a person holds bag with tip I can normally make them once I look at video a couple of times. I have a tip 402 so I think I will practice with it. Thanks for the information!!! God bless you all!!!  BTW, RMATZ and Princelyess, your flowers are awesome looking!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%