Just A Question On Cake Stands

Decorating By MerlotCook Updated 5 Jun 2012 , 1:36pm by MerlotCook

MerlotCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerlotCook Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 3

Do most wedding cakes go on an elevated cake stand? I typically do mine on a 1/2" masonite board which I have decorated to coordinate with the cake. I haven't had a problem with this, but I have a bride who wants to know if I rent cake stands. (I don't even own one LOL). Is this something I should consider investing in? Thanks for any thoughts on this topic!

2 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 3

In general: Put some feet under the masonite board, it really helps when moving the cake around.

Does this bride want one of those fancy silver metal stands? That were antiques until recently? It would be better for her to find one on her own for you to use.

Some people rent out really fancy cake stands but they charge the value of the cake stand as a deposit separate from the cake deposit. There is always the issue of getting the thing back at all. Never mind that some weddings seem to cause damage to the cake stand out of all proportion to a football game...

MerlotCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerlotCook Posted 5 Jun 2012 , 1:36pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your help! I really don't think she cares what she uses at this point. Originally it was a log plate- I think I'll tell her I'll make it for an extra $35.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%