"branch" Piping/texturing?? Can Someone Help?

Decorating By CarolLee Updated 11 Sep 2013 , 6:17pm by mimmi

CarolLee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolLee Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 12:11am
post #1 of 3


In the left column of small photos - It's the second from top.

Does anyone know about this technique of texturing? Is this fondant cut in small strips? Fondant pushed through an extruder or butter cream piped with a flat tip. Just wondering if anyone's done this one.

2 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 1 Jun 2012 , 12:32am
post #2 of 3

It looks like buttercream piped with a round tip(#7 or icon_cool.gif It is a b/c cake. I think , of course if it is fondant ,they use a extruder. But i believe the b/c piped deco would stay on better with the weight of so many. hth

mimmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimmi Posted 11 Sep 2013 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 3

I am doing a cake like that next week. It looks like piping also. Can I use the regular buttercream frosting recipe or should I use something different?

Quote by @%username% on %date%