I Need Help With Creating A Wow Wow Wubbzy Cake

Decorating By Johnica10 Updated 12 Jun 2012 , 2:50am by Johnica10

Johnica10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Johnica10 Posted 30 May 2012 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 5

Good Afternoon!
I was wondering if you could give me some guidance on how I can make this character into a cake. At first she said she just wanted him on the cake which was fine because i would have made him out of colored chocolate, then she said she wants something 3D! I don't even know where to begin, if you could give a little guidance, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am attaching a picture.

M
LL

4 replies
deinesoar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deinesoar Posted 30 May 2012 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 5

I google everything and find awesome ideas so note that none of these are my cakes or even my ideas but maybe they will help you! Good luck
LL
LL

Johnica10 Posted 30 May 2012 , 10:41pm
post #3 of 5

deinesoar Thanks for your prompt response.

I came up with a few ideas that i presented to her as options, the one she chose was a cupcake tear away cake with the frosting that looks like grass, on top of that a ball shaped cake and a little WaWa thing on top made out of chocolate.

I am thinking of putting columns a little bit above the cupcakes with a cakeboard to hold the ball shaped cake. What do you think?

Oh and once again I think I under charged, but since it is the first time doing this..... $110.00

Thanks again!

deinesoar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deinesoar Posted 31 May 2012 , 12:40am
post #4 of 5

Columns should work to hold the ball. As for what to charge, girl, that is a hard method to settle on and you'll have to do some comparing to local competition as well as considering costs of ingredients. After a year I've finally settled on a set cost per serving with additional fees for specialty things like a carved cake, etc. It seems to average out over time for my profit vs labor and it's the easiest to follow for consistant pricing. Good luck. Can't wait to see how your cupcake cake turns out!

Johnica10 Posted 12 Jun 2012 , 2:50am
post #5 of 5

This is what I made for the person. Cupcake tear away cake with round cake on top and wawa wuzby made out of chocolate...... not my best work, but she loved it!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%