Red Velvet Cupcakes

Baking By AnnieCahill Updated 31 May 2012 , 12:20pm by AnnieCahill

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 30 May 2012 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 9

Just curious...which recipe do you use for RV cupcakes? I hardly ever make cupcakes and someone requested them for this weekend. I usually use Martha Stewart's red velvet cake but I'm not sure how well that would convert into cupcakes. I know a lot of people use Cakeman's which I have tried once before.

Thanks,

Annie

8 replies
SweetSouthernBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSouthernBakery Posted 30 May 2012 , 9:38pm
post #2 of 9

I use the recipe from Georgetown Cupcakes. I use it for RV Cake and Cupcakes. It's the best recipe that I've found for it and it's gotten great reviews, especially from some of the little old ladies in my church and sinch I live in the South where RV is pretty much a staple I figure it must be a pretty good recipe.

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 30 May 2012 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 9

http://cakecentral.com/recipe/sarahs-red-velvet-cake-tweaked

This is the recipe I use and I get rave reviews whenever I do. It's great for both cupcakes and tiered cakes.

jeartist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeartist Posted 30 May 2012 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 9

I used the RV recipe by crumbboss.com . It was the first rv cake I have ever made and it was awesome. Tried the wasc variation and, to me, it just wasn't nearly as good..

bakechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakechef Posted 31 May 2012 , 1:37am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeartist

I used the RV recipe by crumbboss.com . It was the first rv cake I have ever made and it was awesome. Tried the wasc variation and, to me, it just wasn't nearly as good..

I just recently made that recipe and it was very good, and simple to put together. It was pleasantly moist without being heavy, I liked the fluffy texture.

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 31 May 2012 , 2:00am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill

Just curious...which recipe do you use for RV cupcakes? I hardly ever make cupcakes and someone requested them for this weekend. I usually use Martha Stewart's red velvet cake but I'm not sure how well that would convert into cupcakes. I know a lot of people use Cakeman's which I have tried once before.

Thanks,

Annie

I use Marthas red velvet and the recipe is the bomb for cupcakes!! I always get rave reviews on my RV cupcakes!! One question....how does your RV bake up in square cakes? I don't have success with this cuz it seems to overtake on the edges!! Round cakes no problem though icon_sad.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 31 May 2012 , 9:00am
post #7 of 9

Sorry Annie, I haven't been on CC in about a week. I'm glad you pm'd me. I hope I got back in time. Let me know what recipe you made. Susan

AnnieCahill Posted 31 May 2012 , 12:18pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks so much everyone for your replies. Thanks again Susan. You know, looking at the MS recipe and Cakeman's, they are both nearly identical. The MS recipe has more cocoa and I think also a bit more baking soda and vinegar. But otherwise they are the same.

Thanks again everyone!

AnnieCahill Posted 31 May 2012 , 12:20pm
post #9 of 9

Normita,

I don't do square cakes so I am no help there. Do you use baking strips? You may want to lower the oven temperature and put the baking strips around the edge of the pan.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%