May Need To Buy An Edible Printer And Ink Asap

Decorating By sweetscene Updated 30 May 2012 , 5:16pm by qubanqtee

sweetscene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetscene Posted 30 May 2012 , 12:34am
post #1 of 8

Where can i buy an edible printer and ink immediately? I ordered from an online cake supply store two edible images for a cake this coming weekend. I ordered and paid for them on the 18th knowing i'd be out of town over the holiday and wanted them waiting here on my arrival home. Needless to say, they are not here and the vendor is not answering my emails and multiple calls. Best case at this point is she contacts me asap and overnights it tomorrow to be here Thursday, at the very latest Friday, but i'm not thrilled with that. Worst case - i go buy an edible printer and ink asap and do it myself. Is that even possible? how much? Where? i've never considered this purchase but i'm losing my mind...help!

Sarah

7 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 30 May 2012 , 12:51am
post #2 of 8

Icingimages.com has great customer support and good feedback on which printers to use. They sell it all as well but I think you can buy the printer at office max but you have to get the edible ink and icing sheets from suppliers or your local cake supply.

Where are you located? Do you have a local cake supply store? Have you even tried calling another bakery, Walmart or even Dairy Queen (someone said most of them have edible image printers for their ice cream cakes). Worth a shot before you invest that kind of money. I think icing images will print them as well but no idea what the turn around time is.

vickim6948 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickim6948 Posted 30 May 2012 , 1:29am
post #3 of 8

Contact your local supermarkets, around here most will print them for you. They charge anywhere from $6 to $8 per sheet around here.

qubanqtee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qubanqtee Posted 30 May 2012 , 2:13am
post #4 of 8

Icing Images sells the best quality printers and systems as a whole BUT it's not that easy to just go out and buy one in a few days....your best bet is as mentioned before...visit your local supermarket, most of them have edible printers and will print the image for you for around 6-8 dollars. I have an edible printer and I buy all my supplies from Icing Images, but it did take time to set up =) HTH

SoFloGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoFloGuy Posted 30 May 2012 , 2:50am
post #5 of 8

The printer is not edible. icon_biggrin.gif You can find out what model is compatible with edible ink cartridges and boy one at Staples for cheaper, as long as it's new and it's only used with edible ink it's fine. Then contact a vendor that sells edible ink cartridges and paper and ask if you can pay more and have them ship it to you overnight.

sweetscene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetscene Posted 30 May 2012 , 12:27pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks- Bilo to the rescue for $8 a sheet, which is a lot better investment. Had no idea they'd print for me. What a relief!

Well it appears that maybe the vendor went out of business, no idea, but will have to appeal to PayPal for a refund!

Sandylee05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandylee05 Posted 30 May 2012 , 12:38pm
post #7 of 8

I bought a Canon printer from Staples (online) and it was seriously here the next day-just like they said. They will meet any price and shipping is FREE.

qubanqtee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qubanqtee Posted 30 May 2012 , 5:16pm
post #8 of 8

I did the same thing, bought a Canon MFC printer on sale at Staples, ordered inks and supplies from Icing Images and was up and running as soon as the inks arrived......glad it all worked out for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%