Baking 1/2 White 1/2 Chocolate Cake

Decorating By paoli96 Updated 31 May 2012 , 9:38pm by DianeLM

paoli96 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paoli96 Posted 29 May 2012 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 8

I know I have seen this posted somewhere on the forum but for the life of me, I can't find any previous topics when I search.

I had a horrible time baking 1/2 white 1/2 chocolate cake in the same pans. I couldn't get the chocolate done but the white was overbaking. I have to say, It have always had problems with my chocolate cake getting it done. I use WASC chocolate recipe that uses the sour cream and instant coffee.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - - just thinking I might have to change my chocolate recipe.

7 replies
theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 29 May 2012 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 8

Are you using the WASC for the white portion of the cake? I find that if I am mixing two kinds of cake together in the same pan they need to be the same basic recipe for even baking, That's if its scratch mix or box mix. Good luck!
Theresa

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 29 May 2012 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 8

You know, I use the WASC recipe and I have no luck baking them in the same pan, either. The choice, for me, is overdone white or underdone chocolate.

I now just bake off 2 cakes, join them with BC, and call it a day.....or convince the recipient to take a marble cake icon_lol.gif

Rae

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 30 May 2012 , 2:33am
post #4 of 8

I bake one pan of each flavor, torte, & cut each in half. Stack all the chocolate on one side & the white on the other & join with buttercream! Much easier!

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 30 May 2012 , 4:32am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwonka

I bake one pan of each flavor, torte, & cut each in half. Stack all the chocolate on one side & the white on the other & join with buttercream! Much easier!

Me, too. A bit more work, but at least you know that the whole cake is right.

Rae

SoFloGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoFloGuy Posted 30 May 2012 , 6:11am
post #6 of 8

I want to try to make a checkered cake so what I''m gonna do is buy a marble cake mix, make one layer a yellow cake and use the other as a chocolate layer by adding some extra cocoa to the mix.

paoli96 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paoli96 Posted 31 May 2012 , 9:35pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone!!

Yes, I am using the WASC for both the white and chocolate cake.

I am just going to bake the same flavor in the pan and cut in half and use buttercream to "glue" the halves together.

I just wondered if I was doing something wrong.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 31 May 2012 , 9:38pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwonka

Ditto.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%