Making A Cupcake Cake????

Baking By goeasycakes Updated 28 May 2012 , 1:43am by goeasycakes

goeasycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goeasycakes Posted 27 May 2012 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 6

Hi,

I have been asked to make a cupcake cake in the shape of Captain America's mask. I've watched a few video's on YouTube about frosting the "cake" but I was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for assembling the cupcakes into the right shape. I have been playing around with cupcake liners to see how they'll fit together but thought someone may have some insight.

TIA!

5 replies
Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 27 May 2012 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 6

How many cupcakes need to fit in?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 May 2012 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 6

Making an actual shaped cupcake takes more cupcakes than just randomly setting them on a board.I have made hundreds of cupcake cakes and they are really easy...

decide what shape you want/need...set the cupcakes staggered on the board in the pattern you want...dab icing underneath each cupcake and glue to board.Using the wilton icer tip cover the entire top in strips and smooth out the icing with a flat spatula.

decorate the cake as normal and add a border around the cake.HTH

goeasycakes Posted 28 May 2012 , 1:08am
post #4 of 6

the mom wants 40.

kiddiekakes - thanks for the advice icon_smile.gif

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 28 May 2012 , 1:34am
post #5 of 6

A cupcake cake is just cupcakes put together in any shape you want and then you draw your picture as if the cupcakes are one big cake.

The mask is a sort of square. I don't know if you want big borders, or mostly mask. The mask picture can be made bigger or smaller.

Cupcake layout by cake central member found on google. I laid it out with alternating rows of 7 and 6 cupcakes
LL

goeasycakes Posted 28 May 2012 , 1:43am
post #6 of 6

Wow, that's great, thanks so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%