Italian X American Hybrid Buttercream

Baking By dandymom

dandymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandymom Posted 27 May 2012 , 4:06am
post #1 of 1

I've been experimenting with buttercream frostings trying to find the perfect balance between sweet and buttery, and I think I hit it on the nose. I can only imagine this has already been done as there are only so many original ideas out there, but it's always worth sharing. I made two batches of frosting. One was Buttercream Dream and the other was Miette's Vanilla IMBC. I myself prefer Miette's over the other but I'm a people pleaser so I tried to find something that would satisfy everyone. I held my breath as I added spoonfuls of the IMBC to the Buttercream Dream. Seriously. I was so afraid to mar my pretty, pampered and perfect Miette's! I almost felt like it was blasphemous to do such a thing, but it worked, thank heavens. The result was a fluffy, buttery but not too buttery, sweet but not toothachingly sweet, and smooth as a baby's butt. It piped well, and went on the cakes easily.

Anyone else here ever mix IMBC with American BC? Also, before I post the recipe, can I post Miette's on this forum without permission? I'm new to this.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%