Anyone Have The Scraping Kitchen-Aid Paddle?

Decorating By Wildgirl Updated 23 Jun 2014 , 4:55pm by sheepmanswife

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 22 May 2012 , 2:48am
post #1 of 12

Well, it's not exactly ka, a different brand, but it's for the ka mixers. Anyway, it worked great for the cake batter - I'm just wondering how these plastic paddles work on a huge batch of heavy bc??? If it breaks I'm in major trouble - the coating on my metal paddle has peeled off in places and I'd rather not use it as I'm afraid more might come off!!

11 replies
kcw551 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcw551 Posted 22 May 2012 , 3:29am
post #2 of 12

I have one and love it! Use it for all my mixing, especially the heavy buttercream. It is wonderful and I have had it for 3 years and never a problem, still looks and works like new. icon_smile.gif

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 22 May 2012 , 3:40am
post #3 of 12

I've had one for about 3 years as well and it works perfectly. I believe it's called a "beater" blade or something of the sort. I also have one for my Cuisinart and love them both. The one thing you can't use them with is cold, hard butter. I made that mistake on my Cuisinart one and had to have it replaced. Luckily, it was covered for a year, so I got a new one free. Just had to send them a picture of the broken one. Love those things! Sure makes it easier to scrape the bowl while mixing batters and frostings!

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 22 May 2012 , 3:54am
post #4 of 12

Yes, I have them and love them! The beater blade is better than the side swipe. KA has a new one as well but I havent tried it yet

kellyd01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyd01 Posted 22 May 2012 , 3:59am
post #5 of 12

I have the new KA one and it works great. I used it on a cake tonight and it didn't look like i even had to bother scraping the sides. Also used it for a batch of sugar shacks BC for my 5qt and it was awesome. I still scraped a few times, but not nearly as often as usual... and didn't really need to scrape once i got the first pound of PS added.

Wildgirl Posted 22 May 2012 , 4:21am
post #6 of 12

Awesome - that's so good to know! The only thing I'm not sure I love about it is that it seems to kick things out of the bowl easier than the old paddle. Have to remember to go slower!

But I am glad to hear that it's durable!

adease Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adease Posted 22 May 2012 , 10:53am
post #7 of 12

I have one, but it is KA brand and it is metal with a rubber blade. It works great!

Wildgirl Posted 22 May 2012 , 2:41pm
post #8 of 12

That ka one sounds great - I'll have to look for one!

mburkett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mburkett Posted 22 May 2012 , 6:38pm
post #9 of 12

I have the beater blade for both my 5&6 qts. I like the 6qt better. With limited room in th 5, I get a lot of flour and sugar being kicked up out of the bowl. It makes a mess but if you cover with a towel, it's not so bad.

I use my 6qt for big batches of BC all the time.

sheepmanswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheepmanswife Posted 23 May 2012 , 2:05am
post #10 of 12

I have had mine for about a year. I love it so much I ordered one for my mom for Mother's Day!

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 23 May 2012 , 2:23am
post #11 of 12

I have one for my 6qt and my 4.5 qt. They work well. Below is a link to the same question. I think it is the second poster that uses it for cookie dough. Everyone really liked it, at least the ones that I read.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-620976.html

sheepmanswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheepmanswife Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 4:55pm
post #12 of 12

I somehow lost my KA beater attachment, so I bought the scraping paddle. I use it for everything! My hubby gave me a new 6qt KA for Christmas and I need to order a new paddle for this one. I tell every one I know with a KA to get one! It's a work horse. Unlike the KA, it doesn't peel or crack.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%