Questions, Questions, Questions...

Decorating By jdslady

jdslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdslady Posted 21 May 2012 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 1

I am making a wedding cake for my daughter, 3 tier, 14"square, 12" heart and 9" heart. I actually froze them for the first time and it worked great! But I have a couple of questions. I have them iced ready to be made pretty. Can I keep them frozen, decorate them and put them back in the freezer ? Or should I decorate them and keep them in the refrig until I deliver them? The 2 bottom tiers are together with the top tier seperated by pillars. The wedding is June 2nd but delivering the cake on Friday the 1st. Have family coming in from North Carolina, Hawaii and California starting next Tuesday and don't want to spend all my time decorating the cake. Also, can I make the icing ahead of time (like today) and keep it covered in the refrig until this weekend when I plan on decorating the cake? I have learned soooooooo much from y'all on the site and appreciate your time........... I have been using the fluffy crusting buttercream icing. http://cakecentral.com/recipe/fluffy-crusting-buttercream.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%