Failing To Mention That It's A Wedding?

Business By cms2 Updated 21 May 2012 , 3:02am by Bluehue

cms2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cms2 Posted 21 May 2012 , 12:33am
post #1 of 7

Does this happen often? I did a search online and found articles telling brides to say "party" instead of "wedding". I just had this happen to me. I asked more than once what kind of party they were hosting and I got "cocktail party". Well low and behold it's a wedding! Found out when I delivered it. Nice.

They ordered a cupcake tower and my pricing wasn't any different so they didn't save any money but I would have done more to create an impressive display for them. What she chose didn't even look weddingy and I feel that looks bad on me. The more I think about it the more upset I get.

Thanks- Just feeling the need to vent.

6 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 21 May 2012 , 12:43am
post #2 of 7

No, don't waste time feeling sad becuse she didn't tell you - at the end of the day, she got what she wanted - her choice - her Wedding. As long as she was happy with what you delivered - chalk it up to another happy customer.

Not all Brides are into the Fluff and Bubble that other Brides require.

Bluehue

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 21 May 2012 , 12:47am
post #3 of 7

Some bakers do charge more for weddings and have a rationale for it: often a tasting, more consultations, etc., and may do it to avoid having to a la carte things like gum paste flowers, bling, too.
Others feel that it balances out without having different pricing--I'm one of those, but I don't do tastings or consultations, either.

In some ways, it was their loss for not telling you. If they got what they asked for, then no one can fault you.

I don't know about you, but my oven didn't come with a truth detector OR a mind reading function--LOL.

Rae

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 21 May 2012 , 12:50am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

No, don't waste time feeling sad becuse she didn't tell you - at the end of the day, she got what she wanted - her choice - her Wedding. As long as she was happy with what you delivered - chalk it up to another happy customer.

Not all Brides are into the Fluff and Bubble that other Brides require.

Bluehue

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I don't charge more for wedding vs party cakes, so it doesn't effect anything from my end. Don't let it bother you. She was happy, you got paid, win, win.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 21 May 2012 , 1:20am
post #5 of 7

Fluff and bubble...*snort*..that was funny. No, I don't charge more for weddings either.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 May 2012 , 1:33am
post #6 of 7

My prices are the same for party and wedding. The cake doesn't care.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 21 May 2012 , 3:02am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture

Fluff and bubble...*snort*..that was funny. No, I don't charge more for weddings either.

Fluff and Bubble - thats my description of when a Bride loves the whole bridal theme thing happening.

Like a kitchen sink overflowing with Fluff and Bubbles.........and you just can't see the plug. ....... lolllllllllll

My opinion is - a cake is a cake - what occassion one wants it for is thier choosing.

Bluehue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%