What Would You Do?

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 21 May 2012 , 4:03am by sweettreat101

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 20 May 2012 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 6

I have quit a bit of Fondx fondant from a large cake I made for a friend last year and I was wondering if it would be ok to use to make small flowers for flower sprays. I bought the fondant last June and took some time off from cake decorating and I'd hate to have to throw it away. What would you wonderful bakers do?

5 replies
dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 20 May 2012 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 6

Taste it and see if it is still good. I wouldn't want to cover a cake with it, but making flowers with seems fine to me. (Providing it is still good!) Most people don't eat the flowers anyway. I know I'll probably get some flack for this answer, but, oh well, it's what I think.

sweettreat101 Posted 20 May 2012 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you for answering. Nobody will eat them. My friend actually likes to keep her flowers from her cakes. They are just for decoration.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 21 May 2012 , 2:05am
post #4 of 6

I'd use it for flowers, too, as long as as it still tastes and smells ok and I was sure no one was going to eat them.

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 21 May 2012 , 2:36am
post #5 of 6

Also great use for covering cake boards. I like to use up all my 'leftovers' that way....can actually be make well in advance and kept for future use. I love to use large 12" or 16" ceramic tiles covered with the left over fondant, rolled out with decorative rolling pins... and later airbrushed the appropriate color for what ever cake I decide to use it for.

sweettreat101 Posted 21 May 2012 , 4:03am
post #6 of 6

Thank you everyone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%