Melvira Are You Out There? Bettercreme Question.

Baking By candyladies Updated 3 Jun 2012 , 6:46pm by bakerlady55

candyladies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladies Posted 20 May 2012 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 5

Help...all of the GFS near Cleveland OH are out of the chocolate bettercreme. I have to do chocolate malt cupcakes for a party this weekend and wanted it for frosting! Now what!? Thanks, Pat

4 replies
mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 20 May 2012 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 5

You can make your vanilla Bettercreme chocolate by adding chocolate pudding and chocolate syrup and/or powder.

candyladies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladies Posted 20 May 2012 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 5

phew...thanks..I wondered if I could do that. I used the chocolate bettercreme last time and added the malt syrup but of course cannot find that either...what is up with our stores here. they put in the gigantic new Giant Eagles...there prices spike but they don't carry the variety anymore of what we need. I so appreciate you answering.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 20 May 2012 , 11:47pm
post #4 of 5

I haven't been able to find the liquid malt flavoring either, so I used powered. I just dissolved it in a little water, like I do the pudding when I made mine. I think the liquid would have tasted better, but what can you do????

bakerlady55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerlady55 Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 5

Hello,I am new here and have a question. I usually make all my icings from scratch but heard about bettercreme. I bought some at GFS but want to know is it like whipped topping or like buttercreme?? How do I frost and decorate? I am thinking of adding fondant decorations for a graduation cake but not sure if the frosting will hold up. Also is it whipped just cold or room temp? Mine was not frozen,but refrigerated when I bought it so I would be taking it cold from the fridge. I am doing a requested Tres Leche cake. Will it be ok for that?? Thanks for any help!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%