Ever Meet With A Client Then....

Decorating By prettycupcake Updated 17 May 2012 , 8:40am by blogs

prettycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycupcake Posted 17 May 2012 , 12:47am
post #1 of 6

Ok, maybe its just me...but I met with some clients today and one maybe two of them I hope they don't place their order...

Ever get that feeling that no matter how good or how hard you work on their cake they just WONT be satisfied...They really left a bad taste in my mouth!!!!!
Aghhhhhh what a waste of time.....ahhhh u win some u lose some...

But HONESTLY, have you ever had that feeling???Please tell all!!

5 replies
ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 17 May 2012 , 1:50am
post #2 of 6

Definitely! I always go with my gut and am either "booked" on the date of their event or quote a price so high (prepaid, of course) I'd put up with anything to not have to work the rest of the month!

jlb1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlb1125 Posted 17 May 2012 , 2:08am
post #3 of 6

I think everyone has been there at one point. There are some people that are just insatiable. We've had a few that will taste a product, express their dislike, then proceed to gobble it down in two seconds flat, lol. Most of the time, they just enjoy complaining.

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 17 May 2012 , 2:16am
post #4 of 6

Oh yes. There have been people I pray I never hear from. Usually I don't, as they are nearly always the ones who have already found a baker they like and are just doing their magazine-advised duty of trying several bakers.
But if I do, I just tell them I'm sorry that I can't help them and wish them luck.
Best not to endanger your business. When I am accepting orders from a client, I am putting my reputation in their hands. I have the responsibility to live up to my end of the bargain and then some, but if they already give me the danger vibe, they gotta go!

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panel7124 Posted 17 May 2012 , 6:57am
post #5 of 6

Talking about PITAs: believe or not but there are also people who want to 'inspect' the kitchen before placing an order. Unless you are a HD inspector, you are not going to 'inspect' anything. Usually tell them to try their luck with other storefront bakeries icon_lol.gif (BTW under the current law here the access to commercial kitchens is allowed to authorized personnel only for health and safety reasons). Meeting in person for a small 50 serv. baptism cake? huh? Don't have problems for bigger cakes with a particular design, but no, thanks. They usually feel offended but I'm glad to get rid of them. Can't immagine how they would behave choosing the desing, flavours... They usually end up with something like this - $ 13 per serving - going to a big storefront bakery where they don't dare to ask about 'inspecting' (this was supposed to be a 40 serv. three tier wedding cake):
LL

blogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blogs Posted 17 May 2012 , 8:40am
post #6 of 6

I'd put up with anything to not have to work the rest of the month!Image

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%