Trademark Licensing Dir Doesn't Know What Form I Need?

Decorating By ajwonka Updated 14 May 2012 , 10:36pm by leah_s

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 14 May 2012 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 2

My client contacted the Trademark Licensing Director for KU to get permission for me to make a 3D Jayhawk groom's cake in August. But the Licensing Director says he doesn't know what, specifically, I need! Is there a name of the form he completes to grant me permission? Does he just write a letter? I've never had a company actually say yes before so I don't know what the permission even looks like!


1 reply
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 May 2012 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 2

An email will do fine. I have many of them in my files. "Name of institution/'copyright owner hereby grants permission for a single use of our logo known as ... to be reproduced in cake for an event on date."

That's all. Simple.

Quote by @%username% on %date%