Does Anyone Own This Leaf Cutter Set?

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 16 May 2012 , 7:47am by sweettreat101

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
11 replies
dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 13 May 2012 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 12

If you need anything from eBay in the future go to buy it now and free shipping. I just bought the same cutters for $1.99us and free shipping. The only drawback is it takes about 3 weeks for them to arrive. If you are not in a hurry you can save some extra money.

kelsiedelizzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelsiedelizzle Posted 13 May 2012 , 11:15pm
post #3 of 12

I've used similar cutters before, but I didn't buy them on ebay so I can't say that they're exactly the same (although they do look alike!)

When I made a wedding cake with them, I didn't use the ball tool on the edges, although I suppose you could try it?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 May 2012 , 1:19am
post #4 of 12

I have those cutters. I never felt the need to use the ball tool.

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 14 May 2012 , 1:53am
post #5 of 12

I still do ball or dogbone the edges, more tho to give the leaf a 'live' look, rather than flat..

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 14 May 2012 , 2:21am
post #6 of 12

I do the same as Evoir. Using the ball tool or something to make edges thinner and make movement to them , makes them look more realistic.

kelsiedelizzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelsiedelizzle Posted 14 May 2012 , 3:28am
post #7 of 12

One thing I did do, though, was to dry them on flower formers or crumpled up foil so that they weren't all flat, like icer101 was saying.

sweettreat101 Posted 15 May 2012 , 7:39am
post #8 of 12

I saw some of the 1.99 with free shipping but it sounded to good to be true. I paid 5.58 with free shipping. I ordered on Friday and received my product on Monday. Wow that was fast. I only like to purchase items that are in the United States. Now I just need to find a lily cutter set.

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 15 May 2012 , 11:54am
post #9 of 12

Don't be frightened to buy outside of the USA - there are hundreds of Asian Ebay stores that have cake supplies for only a few dollars.

You will find that they are usually exactly the same product...... except YOU are buying from somebody in the USA that wasn't scared to buy direct from Asia and you are paying for that extra cog in the wheel.

cakecraving Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraving Posted 15 May 2012 , 1:46pm
post #10 of 12

I have this leaf cutter set. I have not used it yet but I bought mine from a local cake supply place. Crap I got ripped off, this is a great price compared to what I paid. I am very excited to use mine anyway icon_smile.gif

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 15 May 2012 , 3:03pm
post #11 of 12

Funny - I just got my ebay (hong kong) leaf cutter set! I haven't opened the pkg yet, but they look ok. I couldn't pass up paying just a couple dollars to buy AND ship them. And I was surprised at how quick it got here too - it was just about a week.

sweettreat101 Posted 16 May 2012 , 7:47am
post #12 of 12

I was happy paying five dollars with free shipping so I went and ordered the 3 piece rose cutter set. Can't wait to try them out. My local cake store wanted $17.99 for the same set. Now if I could just find a stargazer lily cutter cheap.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%