Recipe For Cupcake?

Baking By Rhonda19 Updated 25 May 2012 , 12:05am by blondmary

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 10 May 2012 , 11:43pm
post #1 of 36

I tried a cupcake today that was FABULOUS! Of course the baker would not give me the recipe.. icon_sad.gif SO I was wondering if any of you might be able to help me come up with one similiar.

The bottom or 1/2 of the cupcake was dark chocolate cake, and the top or the other half of the cupcake was a chocolate cheesecake. Then frosted with a poof of cream cheese vanilla frosting. I did ask if the cheesecake part was baked and was told it was.

Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks!!

35 replies
kimmi1963 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmi1963 Posted 11 May 2012 , 2:32am
post #2 of 36

Can't help but is sounds yummy! icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 11 May 2012 , 6:09am
post #3 of 36

She won't give it to you because it is one of the hardest recipes to do. It involves having a cake batter and a cheesecake batter that not only bake perfectly together, but also bake perfectly separately.

I share almost all recipes, but not this one. It's my biggest seller and the one I'm known for.

All I can say is to just start with trial and error until you get it right. The cheesecake recipe is not like a regular cheesecake batter or cheesecake cupcake batter.

Rhonda19 Posted 11 May 2012 , 2:01pm
post #4 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

She won't give it to you because it is one of the hardest recipes to do. It involves having a cake batter and a cheesecake batter that not only bake perfectly together, but also bake perfectly separately.

I share almost all recipes, but not this one. It's my biggest seller and the one I'm known for.

All I can say is to just start with trial and error until you get it right. The cheesecake recipe is not like a regular cheesecake batter or cheesecake cupcake batter.

Well.... That's quite alright,... It's not like I'm baking cakes to sell anymore.
However, I wonder why you answered at all? I know why the girl that worked at the bakery would not give it to me. I certainly didn't want this person to lose her job over a recipe. It's really not important. Could someone tell me how to just delete this post?

Thanks

clairesey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clairesey Posted 11 May 2012 , 2:21pm
post #5 of 36

Dont delete it....someone may come along shortly and spill the beans/share the love icon_smile.gif

c
x

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 11 May 2012 , 3:33pm
post #6 of 36

Was the cheesecake portion more like cake or smooth and creamy?

Debcent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debcent Posted 11 May 2012 , 4:00pm
post #7 of 36

I found this recipe. Have never tried it. Maybe a place to start
Good Luck Debicon_smile.gif

http://www.food.com/recipe/chocolate-cheesecake-cupcakes-174199

anavillatoro1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anavillatoro1 Posted 11 May 2012 , 7:43pm
post #8 of 36

wow thanks
thumbs_up.gif

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 11 May 2012 , 8:14pm
post #9 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda19

Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Well.... That's quite alright,... It's not like I'm baking cakes to sell anymore.
However, I wonder why you answered at all? I know why the girl that worked at the bakery would not give it to me. I certainly didn't want this person to lose her job over a recipe. It's really not important. Could someone tell me how to just delete this post?

Thanks

Rhonda, scp1127 responded to give you insight about the value of this recipe. She also suggested you start with trial and error, and other posters gave you a starting place. We're here to share and help. In her way, that's what scp did. And if you decide to make that recipe, hopefully you can let us know how it worked.

Rhonda19 Posted 12 May 2012 , 2:51am
post #10 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

Was the cheesecake portion more like cake or smooth and creamy?

The cheesecake portion was very light and smooth. I have an idea forming that might work, and I may experiment this weekend.

Thank you, carmijok, Debcent, and clairesey, for responding. Let me explain something...I once decorated cakes and posted to this website quite a bit.My husband became ill and passed away in 2010, since then I've really not had the desire to bake. That's why I said the recipe wasn't that important, and why I said I'd just like to delete it.

yazminlk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yazminlk Posted 12 May 2012 , 3:30am
post #11 of 36

sounds like the black bottom cheesecake recipe..cake on bottom and cheesecake on top shouldn't be hard to find it on google or in a cook book

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 12 May 2012 , 3:32am
post #12 of 36

that is a Mexican dessert called Chocoflan, i have made it before, i love it, but yes is take time. if you Google it, will see tons of recipe and you tube video about it. Some people make it as a regular round flan and some other make it into a cupcake( probably was what you got) hope this help.

scp1127 Posted 12 May 2012 , 8:50am
post #13 of 36

Rhonda, as much as I share on CC every single recipe that I have worked on forever and the great ones I have found, I am actually irritated about your nasty comment. I even go so far as to write detailed instructions on method so that even a novice baker can pull off a complicated recipe. I can't tell you how many times I have shared my cheesecake tutorial, guaranteeing perfect cheesecakes every time. I have given out my strawberry champagne cake recipe I'm guessing 100 times.

Thank you, Mimi.

That recipe is incredibly difficult to balance and as you have seen, no answers.

My point, just like a balanced stout gingerbread, is so heavily guarded, that you can't get the answer on the world wide web. So whether you like my answer or not, it is the truth and I was trying to explain. Once that recipe is mastered, it is gold.

People like you are the reason I only share recipes in pm's. I will share with everyone except those who irritate me. And I have a gourmet recipe for practically everything.

Some of us run businesses and still share.

PriscillaRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PriscillaRose Posted 12 May 2012 , 1:58pm
post #14 of 36

I am new here and thought I would check out the recipe forum. The recpie Rhonda is asking for sounds interesting. She was only asking! If people are guarded about their recipe then dont share them. People will always want to learn and grow and if someone dosnt mind sharing then thats great, if not its no big deal. I dont see why people are been quite mean about a simple inquiry about a recipe!

Happy baking everyone, try and keep it enjoyable icon_wink.gif

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 12 May 2012 , 2:33pm
post #15 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by josefina20

that is a Mexican dessert called Chocoflan, i have made it before, i love it, but yes is take time. if you Google it, will see tons of recipe and you tube video about it. Some people make it as a regular round flan and some other make it into a cupcake( probably was what you got) hope this help.

Thank you for this response. I'd never heard of chocoflan; I googled it and found some wonderful sounding recipes - can't wait to try!
Rhonda, my condolenses on the loss of your husband. I have not experienced that loss so I cannot truly understand what you have gone through. I hope that you are coping and that time will soften your pain.

Rhonda19 Posted 12 May 2012 , 7:57pm
post #16 of 36

Thank you " josefina20" I appreciate the title of this recipe I am looking for! I will Google it right away!!! I will send you a PM if it turns out!!!

I also appreciate the remarks "Spuddysmom" and " PriscillaRose" ! I was once an advid poster, sharing recipes, making cakes, etc... This was the website that I went to for recipes, help, etc. I have NEVER had anyone be Ugly to me!

Spuddysmom, Thank you! I am coping in ways. But to get in argument over a recipe, after losing my husband. Just isn't for me, I don't have the time or the energy. I was only asking...

josefina20 Posted 13 May 2012 , 12:25am
post #17 of 36

I forgot to mention, when you are baking this as a cupcake, use double cupcake liner because of the humidity form the cheesecake

The original Chocoflan call for Cajeta, which is caramel sauce, but you do not have to used it if you going for chocolate cheese cake type of thing. ( use your favorite cheese cake recipe with your favorite chocolate cupcake one and uala) . I have made them with a chocolate cake mix with sour cream on it, and Junior's cheese cake little fellas recipe so so yummy. Junior's Cheesecake Cookbook )

Remember it need to be bake in water batch or the cheesecake part will bake horrible dry,( if you know the way to bake them without water, please let me know cuz i hate to bake with water jajajajaj)

If you do not want to deal with them together, just make them separate, and using a round cookie cutter cut them and put them together.

I hope this help, This is base on my experiment, please notice that there are many way to do this thing and maybe this one is not what you are looking for, but is an idea

Rhonda19 Posted 13 May 2012 , 3:17am
post #18 of 36

Thank you josefina20 !

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to give me some instructions. I am definately going to try these out!!

I don't know how to make a cheesecake unless it's using the water bath! I hate it as well.. However, I make a cheesecake "pie" that is to DIE for!!! If you ever want the recipe, just holler!!! icon_smile.gif

Formynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Formynana Posted 13 May 2012 , 4:46am
post #19 of 36

Ladies, there is no harm in asking about recipes, isn't that why we post because we have questions? i hope we can all bake-along together here ! thumbs_up.gif

scp1127 Posted 13 May 2012 , 6:16am
post #20 of 36

Rhonda, you need to re-read your posts and mine. My first was informative about the market on that type of recipe and yours was nasty. The second post of mine was also straightforward and informative. maybe you should actually read a post before you respond so negatively.

And because of this thread, a few more nice CC members have asked and were given some of my best recipes. I always enjoy my pm box. You meet the best people there.

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 13 May 2012 , 2:59pm
post #21 of 36

Josefina - Thank you for the interesting additional comments! I picked up some cajeta and didn't know what to do with it and my spanish is not good enough to understand some of the recipes on the spanish part of this site. Your comments made me appreciate the diversity of CC. When you see some of the amazing cakes there are posted here from around the world - the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Asia, Australia, etc., it helps a person appreciate this site where we can learn from one another and get inspired to try some new technique..(and sometimes we just stare in amazement).

Rhonda, seriously, you gotta try one of those chocoflan recipes - the top looks exactly like what you originally described. I'm trying it out on unsuspecting dinner guests next weekend; we can compare notes. Glad you are doing okay.Take care.

Rhonda19 Posted 13 May 2012 , 4:05pm
post #22 of 36

[quote="Spuddysmom"]Josefina - Thank you for the interesting additional comments! I picked up some cajeta and didn't know what to do with it and my spanish is not good enough to understand some of the recipes on the spanish part of this site. Your comments made me appreciate the diversity of CC. When you see some of the amazing cakes there are posted here from around the world - the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Asia, Australia, etc., it helps a person appreciate this site where we can learn from one another and get inspired to try some new technique..(and sometimes we just stare in amazement).

Rhonda, seriously, you gotta try one of those chocoflan recipes - the top looks exactly like what you originally described. I'm trying it out on unsuspecting dinner guests next weekend; we can compare notes. Glad you are doing okay.Take care.[/quote

Absolutely!!!! It sounds heavenly! It may be a couple of weeks before I can actually try it out, but I will!! I agree, some of these cakes I just sit there with my mouth open!! They are some really wonderful bakers on here!! icon_smile.gif
When you make yours let me know how it goes over, and I'll do the same!!

Thank you for asking how I'm doing.

josefina20 Posted 13 May 2012 , 9:51pm
post #23 of 36

Well, because the topic made me think about it, i just made my Chocoflan Mothers;s day cake, lord i can not stop eating it :lol . I you want to try the ease way look for Kraft.com they have a ease super fast Chocoflan Recipe.

Happy Mother's days Everyone thumbs_up.gif

Rhonda19 Posted 14 May 2012 , 2:57am
post #24 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by josefina20

Well, because the topic made me think about it, i just made my Chocoflan Mothers;s day cake, lord i can not stop eating it :lol . I you want to try the ease way look for Kraft.com they have a ease super fast Chocoflan Recipe.

Happy Mother's days Everyone thumbs_up.gif

HA!! HA!!! It sounds like you did a GREAT job!! icon_smile.gif I hope to make mine soon!!

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 15 May 2012 , 3:09pm
post #25 of 36

scp1127, Please don't stop sharing your recipes and giving us baking advice. You have been a big help.

polompy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
polompy Posted 17 May 2012 , 12:23am
post #26 of 36

Well, you could try something like a "cheesecake brownie cupcake" and top it with some cream cheese frosting.

David Lebovitz has a - to die for - cheesecake brownie recipe on his food blog (if I recall correctly). Don't know how they'd work out as cupcakes but certainly worth a try.

As for the cream cheese frosting, I usually mix 8oz cream cheese with 1/2 stick of butter (soft), a tsp of vanilla and a cup of icing sugar. Think I initially saw the recipe on this german site for cupcakes and adapted it a little to my taste.

scp1127 Posted 17 May 2012 , 10:39am
post #27 of 36

Kathy 107, don't worry. Because of this thread, my inbox has been full of requests for the champagne cake.

I am amused by the attacks. One member has used the same names on me for about the past year. She calls me a bigot when I quote a law. Um, wrong use of the word. I love the repetition and lack of originality. One CC member corrected my spelling and I have silently been amused at her misspellings ever since. But again, I will never help those who attack me. That's why the best recipes and business information are always in a pm. These people are actually very few. The same ones just always chime in on my posts. It's a pattern that is easily visible to me. But for the rest, I will share just about every recipe I have.

By the way, for those who pm me about a recipe in a current thread, I always wait a few days to answer so that I can copy it once and paste it to all pms at the same time. If anyone gets missed, it's because I opened it too early and thought I had responded. If this happens, just pm me and I'll get it. I never intentionally miss a recipe request or any pm.

Rhonda19 Posted 19 May 2012 , 1:33am
post #28 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by polompy

Well, you could try something like a "cheesecake brownie cupcake" and top it with some cream cheese frosting.

David Lebovitz has a - to die for - cheesecake brownie recipe on his food blog (if I recall correctly). Don't know how they'd work out as cupcakes but certainly worth a try.

As for the cream cheese frosting, I usually mix 8oz cream cheese with 1/2 stick of butter (soft), a tsp of vanilla and a cup of icing sugar. Think I initially saw the recipe on this german site for cupcakes and adapted it a little to my taste.

Thank you, I may give it a try!!

scp1127 Posted 19 May 2012 , 12:31pm
post #29 of 36

To those who have sent recipe requests about the champagne cake:

I just replied to a bunch and on a few, the send button worked, but would not return me to my inbox. Then later during the replies, it started to work. I'm not sure if those sent with the odd inbox issue actually sent.

Please let me know if you pm'd in the last two days and did not get a response, as I sent all of them Saturday morning.

Susan

vpJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%